Can anyone Id this USCG patch

1st Sgt CES

USCG Port Security Unit although all references I see have three digit numbers: 308 Gulfport MS, 309 Port Clinton OH etc

These are fast/quick response teams for Homeland Security, not The Dept of but for actual fast response to issue of port security

Cleveland OH is PSU 302 I can find no reference to any HQ PSU. The Coast Guard advertises thier units pretty well.

Where did you come across your information so I know where else to look in the future?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Cleveland OH is PSU 302 I can find no reference to any HQ PSU. The Coast Guard advertises thier units pretty well.

Where did you come across your information so I know where else to look in the future?

Thanks

Cleveland OH was PSU 302, it is now PSU 309, and has been for a number of years. The 9th patch is the original patch worn during the Persin Gulf War. Go to www.USCG.mil and look for the historian link. There is a lot of good info on the early development of the PSUs. Hope this helps.

• 5 years later...
Salvage Sailor

USCG 9th District Port Security Unit, 1980's

"The current PSUs evolved out of Coast Guard Ninth District's Reserve PSU program that began in the 1980s, but the port security mission and service goes back even further."