7th ACCS TRUMP callsign USAF

nguoi tien su

nguoi tien su

Hello,

Do you guys have more information about the Trump call sign ? It was part of the Air Force 7th Airborne Command and Control Squadron (7th ACCS).

bdimg_40.jpg

The four other callsigns are quite clear: laotian north day orbit was Cricket and night orbit Alleycat while south day orbit was Hillsboro and night was Moonbeam.

I still don't get what were the missions and the AO for TRUMP crews. When did the TRUMP call sign appeared? Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

NTS

Hello,

Do you guys have more information about the Trump call sign ? It was part of the Air Force 7th Airborne Command and Control Squadron (7th ACCS).

bdimg_40.jpg

The four other callsigns are quite clear: laotian north day orbit was Cricket and night orbit Alleycat while south day orbit was Hillsboro and night was Moonbeam.

I still don't get what were the missions and the AO for TRUMP crews. When did the TRUMP call sign appeared? Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

NTS

The current callsign for the 116th EACCS mission crews is TRUMPCARD. Maybe the 7th ACCS was also TRUMPCARD

THE 116TH EACCS BECAME THE 7TH EACCS AT SOME POINT. THEY CURRENTLY FLY E-8C (JSTARS) AND THEY STILL USE TRUMPCARD FOR THE MISSION CREW. THEY FRONT UNED PYTHON FOR A WHILE AND HAVE CHANGED TO ANOTHER CALLSIGN.

post-1604-1319397266.jpg

nguoi tien su

Thank you for your reply.

The patch was worn circa 1971, when the unit was based in Udorn (Thailand). Digging on the web, some information shows links with special Igloo White and Comfy Gator missions.

• 2 years later...

If my memory serves me correctly, Trump was used by the C-130B in 7ACCS in U-Dorn Thailand starting in late 1971 or very early 1972. The sensor equipment was removed from the single engine planes that kept falling from the sky with iced up wings at night and installed on 3 C-130B's and a few months latter installed on the C-130E's between the command capsule and the cockpit. The Air Force got factory technicians from the manufactory in Florida to install the sensor equipment in the C-130B, these installers couldn't get the equipment to work after 2 trial missions I was sent to assist them since I had worked on the sensor equipment on C-121R in Korat. After testing for several days we tried for the 3rd time and had a GREAT test. I left U-Dorn in March of 72 and flew many Trump missions as well as the command post missions. I was the Aircraft Radio Repair Technician. The Trump mission were a 4 person flight crew and me or one of my coworkers as the mission commander. I also found out that the TDY flight crews from Clark didn't like a Sargent demanding a Major to fly the plain where we were instructed to, and not telling me we were moving out of orbit.

• 2 years later...

If my memory serves me correctly, Trump was used by the C-130B in 7ACCS in U-Dorn Thailand starting in late 1971 or very early 1972. The sensor equipment was removed from the single engine planes that kept falling from the sky with iced up wings at night and installed on 3 C-130B's and a few months latter installed on the C-130E's between the command capsule and the cockpit. The Air Force got factory technicians from the manufactory in Florida to install the sensor equipment in the C-130B, these installers couldn't get the equipment to work after 2 trial missions I was sent to assist them since I had worked on the sensor equipment on C-121R in Korat. After testing for several days we tried for the 3rd time and had a GREAT test. I left U-Dorn in March of 72 and flew many Trump missions as well as the command post missions. I was the Aircraft Radio Repair Technician. The Trump mission were a 4 person flight crew and me or one of my coworkers as the mission commander. I also found out that the TDY flight crews from Clark didn't like a Sargent demanding a Major to fly the plain where we were instructed to, and not telling me we were moving out of orbit.

Thank you for signing on and providing that information. Always good to hear from the vets who were actually there!