An interesting declassified document that discusses Ingram's involvement with Uruaguay and urging them not to recognize the government of Bolivia.

post-203-1334931771.jpg

And now the interesting twist that I promised. 1914 was a busy year for Ingram, he fought at Vera Cruz, was awarded the Medal of Honor, got married and... got court-martialed!! The following documents are appeals by Indiana legislators to have his court martial over-turned and the Navy's response. Note: there were at least two other officers from the ARKANSAS that were court martialled at the same time.

post-203-1334932165.jpg

Although he was not allowed to return to the Academy in 1914 due to the courts-martial, he did return in 1915 and remained until April 1917 when he assigned to the USS Rhode Island. The follwoing ios a partial list of his assignments:

post-203-1334932938.jpg

Jonas Ingram had an amazing career, one that would be difficult to duplicate today. I feel very honored to be able to care for this group and will continue to research and document his career.

post-203-1334933188.jpg

Sgt. Boghots

Fantistic grouping, preservation, and research. I've really enjoyed reading the paperwork you've posted. :thumbsup:

Best regards,

Paul

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I found a nice original wartime image of Ingram. This was taken during a press conference where just a couple of weeks after the start of the Battle of the Bulge, Ingram said that it was still possible and probable for the Germans to launch robot bombs against New York or Washington.

post-203-0-93083400-1393945008.jpg

post-203-0-44787600-1393945014.jpg

• 2 years later...