My collection of desert shoulder sleeve insignia

P-E

I began to collect desert patches when I was a young boy, around 14-15 years old...now, here's the result ten years after...

desert10.jpg

desert11.jpg

desert12.jpg

desert13.jpg

I'm proud of my collection considering they are desert patches, so not the most common insignia (they are less common than subdued green or colored)... :thumbsup: But there're still some more I search to complete it. If you have any that miss me, please tell me ! ;)

Including the tabs and helmet patches, I've just 400 patches ! You can see them one by one here :

https://picasaweb.google.com/11567648543495...UUniformOIFOEF#

And here's a link where you can see my collection of desert badges (ranks, qualification badges, BOS,...) :

https://picasaweb.google.com/11567648543495...gesUSArmyOIFOEF

Hope you'll appreciate them !

P-E

A very nice collection, you definately have some DCU patches I've not see before. I've found that branch schools are some of the hardest DCU patches to find, with the exception of the Signal School patch which seems to be out there in great numbers.

Here is my favorite DCU patch because it was a unit I served with in the late 1980s:

Nice ! this one miss me, so if you have it in double and want a trade... :thumbsup:

That is a GREAT display of patches! :thumbsup: There are afew in there that i have yet to get. I didn't think to many people went after the 'plain' looking desert colored patches! Must be the best display of them on the Forum! :thumbsup:

Nice ! this one miss me, so if you have it in double and want a trade... :thumbsup:

Unfortunately I don't have an extra. I picked this one up on E-bay a few years back after searching for one for years.

I thank you all for your comments, I'm happy you love my collection of desert SSI ! :thumbsup:

By chance, if anyone here have some doubles that miss me (for sale or trade), please tell me !!! I'ld like complete my collection and there're still some more that miss me !! :crying: My patches are schedulded in a specific order, depending the branch (army, group, infantry, air defense artillery,...). Hope you'll take little time to look in your doubles.

thanks in advance,

Pierre

• 1 year later...

Hello all,

Here's an update of my collection of desert shoulder sleeve insignia. I've now 500+ different desert SSI. As you can see, I also collected variants (brown/tan border, reversed/normal design, color variants,...).

Those insignia are overlooked by collectors but I hope you'll like it, as I'm very proud of my collection.

captur14.jpg

captur15.jpg

captur16.jpg

captur17.jpg

captur18.jpg

captur21.jpg

captur20.jpg

You can also see them in detail at this link : ;)https://picasaweb.google.com/115676485434952435604/DesertPatchesDCUUniformOIFOEF

P-E

Very nice! I think it is awesome to see certain patch styles together in a collection. I personally collect all variations of a particular patch, including BDU subdued that others pass by.

Thank you all for your comments, this is appreciated ! Day after day, it's harder to find additional ones as this makes a long time now they are out of service. If you guys see any that miss me, please tell me I'ld enjoy complete my collection. Each additional insignia or variant is welcome !

I think it is awesome to see certain patch styles together in a collection. I personally collect all variations of a particular patch, including BDU subdued that others pass by.

I agree with you. I also started to collect subdued green and ACU insignia. The subdued green are interesting because there's a big variety of them and they are not expensive at all, so you can quickly grow your collection at low price. I choose to collect mainly desert patches because I prefer them, but sadly they are more expensive than every other recent insignia (I mean in comparison of recent color, green, ACU or multicam, desert ones are the most expensive and hardest to find). I have a few subdued green, but didn't had the time to scan them one by one, will probably do that during the summer holidays.

If you're interested in all variants of insignia, please take a look to my project on scribd :

http://fr.scribd.com/doc/141893693/Us-Army-Shoulder-Sleeve-Insignia-Institute-of-Heraldry

I'm trying to list all the existing patches in the various camouflage. However, this is not finished, there're always some more to list, but I do it slowly when I've free time.