#1 AndrewA74

AndrewA74

BANNED

• Banned
    • Member ID: 889
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:27 PM

Hello,
Can anyone please Identify these for me? The ribbon is EarlyWWII (I can tell by the clutches). Thanks.
Andrew

Attached Images

• Medal_2.JPG
  • Medal.JPG
  • Medal_3.JPG

#2 AndrewA74

AndrewA74

BANNED

• Banned
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:28 PM

Ribbon:
NF_Ribbon.JPG
Back:
NF_Ribbon_Back.JPG
Andrew

#3 JERRY COBB

JERRY COBB

BANNED

• Banned
    • Member ID: 774
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 06:04 PM

Ribbon:
NF_Ribbon.JPG
Back:
NF_Ribbon_Back.JPG
Andrew

Ribbon appears to be the Red Service Ribbon with printed device for senior members of the Civil Air Patrol. This ribbon may be obsolete.

#4 AndrewA74

AndrewA74

BANNED

• Banned
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 06:10 PM

Ribbon appears to be the Red Service Ribbon with printed device for senior members of the Civil Air Patrol. This ribbon may be obsolete.

Thanks. How you been doing?
Andrew

#5 Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior
  • Members
    • Member ID: 1,412
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 11:26 PM

Hello,
Can anyone please Identify these for me? The ribbon is EarlyWWII (I can tell by the clutches). Thanks.
Andrew

Medal is from one of the numerous fraternal organizations but have no clue as to which one.

#6 DMD

DMD
  • Members
    • Member ID: 311
  • 514 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:52 AM

The Civil Air Patrol ribbon is post-WWII, possibly 1960s. The old WWII style clutches were substituted for the usual clutches.

#7 Bank Vault

Bank Vault

BANNED

• Banned
    • Member ID: 1,216
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 01:15 PM

They quit using props I believe, we had props for clasps though. They go the same way, silver and bronze, note, the attached photo, them are my C.A.P. ribbons. I was an E-4. from left to right is the Feik ribbon, qualification for an E-4. I have two other ribbons I earned that should go new, one is the Arnold ribbon which mother one time washed my ribbons and this was destroyed, this is for E-3, and the Curry which is for E-2. Next though is the CCSR (Cadet Community Service Ribbon). For 60 hours of community service (hey I was a school janitor, I earned that one). And the CRR (Cadet Recruiter Ribbon). For recruiting 2 cadets, the clasp designates another award so all in all I recruited 3 cadets and 1 senior, a total of 4 members. For reference, for a year in two months I was fairly decorated as a cadet, never got to do any EMS (Emergancy Services) though.

#8 Bank Vault

Bank Vault

BANNED

• Banned
    • Member ID: 1,216
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 01:16 PM

They quit using props I believe, we had props for clasps though. They go the same way, silver and bronze, note, the attached photo, them are my C.A.P. ribbons. I was an E-4. from left to right is the Feik ribbon, qualification for an E-4. I have two other ribbons I earned that should go new, one is the Arnold ribbon which mother one time washed my ribbons and this was destroyed, this is for E-3, and the Curry which is for E-2. Next though is the CCSR (Cadet Community Service Ribbon). For 60 hours of community service (hey I was a school janitor, I earned that one). And the CRR (Cadet Recruiter Ribbon). For recruiting 2 cadets, the clasp designates another award so all in all I recruited 3 cadets and 1 senior, a total of 4 members. For reference, for a year in two months I was fairly decorated as a cadet, never got to do any EMS (Emergancy Services) though.

Attached Images

• zach_001.jpg

#9 Mark M

Mark M
  • Members
    • Member ID: 569
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:24 PM

Forum members:

You are in the MEDALS & DECORATIONS "Reference Section". This area is where posts from the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (http://www.usmilitar.....?showforum=83) are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the various U.S. medals and military decorations.

As time moves forward, some of these posts may have additional information added to them by the moderators of this section. We ask for your input as well, especially in the correction of any erroneous information that may have inadvertently be posted..

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (here: http://www.usmilitar.....?showforum=83). And, as needed, we will be pleased to move any new and / or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised: posting and / or editing is restricted on this post to moderator's and forum staff.

Sincerely,
Chris / ADMIN

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users