Color JPG/image of following disney emblems.........

Johnny Signor

Johnny Signor

Hello , I have black and white images of these emblems, would greatly appreciate anyone who could send me color images of same, thank you VERY much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

401st Bomb Group(Donald Duck w/pick axe/shovel,flight gear)

369th Fighter Group(cartoon "Bully" spider wearing hat and satnding in front of large spider web pointing finger at web and looking upward at small bug flying above his head)

42nd Fighter Squadron (Cartoon half man/donkey with peashooter on mouth firing at small plane ,standing on cloud w sky background)

Hope "someone" can help , Pleeeeeeeeeeese , Thanks much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Johnny

Johnny,

If the attached image is one of those your looking for this appeared in a 1943 (44?) edition

of Popular Mechanics and was miss-labeled as the 401st Bomb Gp, but was actually the

insignia of the 127th Airborne Engineer Battalion.

You might want to double check with Disney Dave on the specifics of this image but I'm

pretty sure it was a Hank Porter (Disney) design created sometime in 1943.

Bob

post-6249-1318432864.jpg

Johnny Signor
Johnny,

If the attached image is one of those your looking for this appeared in a 1943 (44?) edition

of Popular Mechanics and was miss-labeled as the 401st Bomb Gp, but was actually the

insignia of the 127th Airborne Engineer Battalion.

You might want to double check with Disney Dave on the specifics of this image but I'm

pretty sure it was a Hank Porter (Disney) design created sometime in 1943.

Bob

Hey Bob, Much thanks for that one, I kind of had a feeling this one was "mis ID'd " seeing as Donald has the pick axe/shovel, it just didn't strike me as a "Bomber " unit, usualy Disney would work in a "Bomb/s" when they were , thankjs and at least I have the design and it's "Proper" ID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny

Now I hope somone else can help on the others, my Birthday is the 15th of Oct, it would round out the day if I could get the others nailed down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Johnny.

Please post the b/w images you have.

Bob - check out this post on my Toons At War blog:

http://www.toonsatwar.blogspot.com/2008/08...-battalion.html

Cheers!

David

David,

Thanks for the heads-up to your blog page concerning this design. This fills in a lot

of the background history I've been looking for concerning this particular piece.

Much obliged.

Bob

Johnny Signor
Hi Johnny.

Please post the b/w images you have.

Bob - check out this post on my Toons At War blog:

http://www.toonsatwar.blogspot.com/2008/08...-battalion.html

Cheers!

David

Hey david , I would like to post the B&W images , but I don't have a scanner etc to do so , I thought you already had the images in your vast collection, I guess not , thanks anyway !

Johnny