Yellow/Black Ribbon on VN Headgear???

DiGilio

I recently bought this boonie hat which has a yellow/black ribbon tied in the back (using sellers pictures). And last week I saw a VN made ERDL hat on ebay with the same yellow/black ribbon tied on it. Does anyone know if the ribbons symbolizes anything???

KGrHqIOKpkE5cO3iW82BObnno7M4g60_3.jpg

KGrHqMOKowE4vng03toBObnnsiezQ60_3.jpg

be68c.jpg

9dda2.jpg

Wow! Great piece of trivia!

Of course, now we will see dozens of boonies with black and yellow ribbons pop into the market!

Just another observation, the boonie has a US Navy Liberty cuff stitched to the top ("Rebel Flag"). These were commonly found, not saying this hat is Navy, just has a commonly found patch that is a liberty cuff.

Steve Hesson

...I think I have heard of them being worn by guys who were short...

As the Short-Timer's ribbon on this Air Policeman's right pocket (at a base in Morocco ca. 1960)? An AP out of uniform? Shocking!

post-1963-1317198433.jpg

I was an Air Policeman in Germany (38th APS, Sembach), 1960-1963. The Short-timer's ribbon was pretty common on our base during this timeframe. I have even seen some wrapped around a rectangular shape to make it look lik a standard ribbon bar. Saying goes you could wear the ribbon when you became a 2-digit midget (less than 100 days before PCS'ing).