Please help ID ribbon bar

sgtdorango

Hi, these belonged to my Grandpa who served in the Navy in WWII, I also have his dog tag ID disk, Ive always wondered what these ribbons represented, and now I know this is the place to find out! the one on the right looks like WWII victory but Im only guessing, Im a helmet guy....please help me identify these....thanks post-350-1195444827.jpg

Laury Allison
Hi, these belonged to my Grandpa who served in the Navy in WWII, I also have his dog tag ID disk, Ive always wondered what these ribbons represented, and now I know this is the place to find out! the one on the right looks like WWII victory but Im only guessing, Im a helmet guy....please help me identify these....thanks post-350-1195444827.jpg

They are the Navy Presidential Unit Citation, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal, and World War II Victory Medal. The star on the Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal shows that he participated in one campaign.

Laury

Yes you are right, they are marked Wolf Brown Los Angeles on the back! Good call....not sure about what ship he was on...will try to find out.....thanks for all the info...heres another pic of some of his personal items I have including a Navy gold ring, a silver horseshoe and abalone shell? ring his dog tag a round brass? ID tag? with 163 on it, and a couple of Catholic medallions and a .45 bullet.....the dog tag reads Edward J. Whitehead 205-30-89 type O USNR T 2/43 not sure what the T means....the 2/43 might be time entering service? and the long number must be hi serial number?.....thanks again for all the info.....mike

post-350-1195527346.jpg

The "T-2/43" is the month and year he got his tetanus shot. You are correct, the long number is his service number. You should be able to get some information with his SN. Thanks for showing us his stuff!