Enemy capture photos

Fixbayonets!

El Bibliotecario
Loved the Uboat pictures and the reisling smg the sailor was holding.

I was thinking it was a zinfandel smg...or maybe a burgundy...but no matter.

Attached is a photo of my late friend, PFC Jim Harvey, 11th Inf, in Germany in April '45. He said when they captured the VW they told the occupants just to go home. The pistol is one of many he said he horse-traded.

post-2215-1316646194.jpg

Wow! You have a good number of capture photos!

This one was taken off Omaha Beach by the crew of the LCT-535

Is it just me or does those two look like they're 12? :w00t:

GREAT pictures guys! Thanks for posting them. I could look at pics. like this all day. I wonder what happened to all that gear?

Steve

Here's a good one of a captured KW and a tank in the background.

post-10756-1316651114.jpg

Last one ... captured German automobile. Would have been a better photo of the equipment if the dude in the shiny helmet would get out of the way and stop mugging for the camera ...

post-2144-1316657851.jpg

Last one ... captured German automobile. Would have been a better photo of the equipment if the dude in the shiny helmet would get out of the way and stop mugging for the camera ...

post-2144-1316657851.jpg

Is that Patton!!!!

Yes ... that's him ...

Awesome photo & yeah, that's Old Blood & Guts alright, no need for his face to be clear in the photo with that uniform.

Here is another good one:

9th AAF

9th Air Defense Command

post-168-1316704757.jpg

I am not sure if this topic has ever been covered or brought up but I was wondering if we could start an enemy capture photo thread? I know only U.S. related material is permitted on the forum but how about photos showing U.S. forces either utilizing or standing with enemy equipment? For example, a G.I. holding a captured German Luger or a group of Marines displaying a captured Japanese flag? I will start by posting one example that I think would be okay.

Rob

Artic field jacket worn by the smoker. Usually I see these worn in ETO by TD personnel

Here is an interesting photo from the 104th Recon of the Wolfhound division. When I first looked at this photo I thought he was interrogating prisoners but when I looked closer I could see that a German airman would never pin his medals on his hat or the lapel of his uniform. There is a wrecked HE-111 in the background.

M

post-51189-1316707297.jpg

Artic field jacket worn by the smoker. Usually I see these worn in ETO by TD personnel

That photo is from a group to a vet who served with the 563rd AAA AW BN. That is not to say the guys in this photo belong to the 563rd AAA AW BN, he could have snapped the photo as he passed by.

Rob

Here is an interesting photo from the 104th Recon of the Wolfhound division. When I first looked at this photo I thought he was interrogating prisoners but when I looked closer I could see that a German airman would never pin his medals on his hat or the lapel of his uniform. There is a wrecked HE-111 in the background.

M

Interesting photo & I agree that is what it looks like. Many of these photos prove they liked to try on & wear captured uniforms & headgear.......makes me wonder if this was ever the cause for any friendly fire incidents.

Rob

These guys have some sense of humor, demonstrating the wrong way to fire a Panzerschreck!!! Notice the boots the guy holding the Panzerschreck is wearing, oversized German jackboots?

Rob

post-168-1316709741.jpg

hahaha!...thats a hilarious picture!...i think those oversized boots might be the ones they used with stick grenades in the boots?....like trench boots or maybe they werent meant for that but i think ive seen pics?.... :think: ..mike

Interesting photo & I agree that is what it looks like. Many of these photos prove they liked to try on & wear captured uniforms & headgear.......makes me wonder if this was ever the cause for any friendly fire incidents.

Rob

Rob,

Glad you like the photo. Does anyone know if the guy to the left is wearing a US Army coat or is it German ?

Some ones of FEB (Brazilian Expedicionary Forces - 5th US Army):

Great photos Ricardo. They got to be rare. Thanks for posting.

M

Here is a tanker with a Luger in a shoulder holster.

By way of an interesting spin-off, there's been some debate on the forum as to whether or not US tankers actually wore B-7 goggles in the ETO in WW2. This is obviously an ETO pic and the tanker, apart from wearing the goggles, is armed, so either hostilities are still on-going or it's an immediate post-war occupation scene. Is the photo dated? :think: