Enemy capture photos

Fixbayonets!

Is that Me-109 shot in your collection? There is some very good research potential with that shot.

Yes, that is from my collection - 894th AAA BN.

And one of my favorites - Eddie M looks at a grave his unit dug for an SS soldier they shot. Note the Mauser and German helmet

Wow, with all of that debris & the burial it looks like it was one hell of a fight.

Here is a rather unique photo from my collection, Marines holding a Japanese flag. The kicker to this photo is the flag is not really a captured Japanese flag. The flag is a forgery made up by the Marines to sell to the guys in the rear. They made the flag using a stencil and then burned in some "battle damage" holes with a cigarette.

Rob

post-168-1316564364.jpg

Wow! Cool story - did he sell many of them?

They did make them up & sell them but I am not sure how many. The Marine vet I bought the flag from (the middle guy in the photo) wanted to keep one of the flags for himself so they snapped this photo.

I believe that these pictures are acceptable and will be of interest.

Okay... just to clarify... Photos of US GI's holding captured stuff... OK.

Photos of foreign equipment on its own... that is outside the focus of the US Militaria Forum.

Just as a reminder, many of us also participate in the Wehrmacht Awards Forum (which also has a Japanese section as well.) This is a great forum for sharing foreign militaria. Membership rules may apply for certain types of postings.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/index.php

Okay... just to clarify... Photos of US GI's holding captured stuff... OK.

Photos of foreign equipment on its own... that is outside the focus of the US Militaria Forum.

Just as a reminder, many of us also participate in the Wehrmacht Awards Forum (which also has a Japanese section as well.) This is a great forum for sharing foreign militaria. Membership rules may apply for certain types of postings.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/index.php

So a photo taken by a member of the 42nd Division right after a last ditch redoubt battle in Austria would be off limits?

So a photo taken by a member of the 42nd Division right after a last ditch redoubt battle in Austria would be off limits?

Yep. We'll leave them here for now. Cool photos but we have to draw a line somewhere.

Ultimate GI capture photo...U-505 under tow after being captured by a US Navy Task Force...

similar shot from my collection of the U-805 coming into port in New Hampshire

post-10756-1316576926.jpg