Remembering Sgt Maj Michael S. Curtin, (Ret) USMC

Old Marine

On 9/11/01 my friend and fellow Marine, Sergeant Major Michael S. Curtin was killed in action during the terrorist attacks in New York. Not only was Mike a Sgt Maj in the Marine Corps he was also a New York Police Department Sergeant. He was in command of ESU (Emergency Service Unit) Truck 2 and was one of the first on the scene during the attack. Mike is a true hero.

During my time in the Marine Corps I had the honor and pleasure to serve with Mike, both overseas with the 9th Marines and again state side training recruits together at Parris Island. I feel very fortunate to have known him and to have been able to consider him a close friend.

If his wife and daughters happen to read this I just want to say that Michael was a true Marine's Marine. I always admired his direct, get it done attitude, his humor, his willingness to always step up and volunteer, his strength and his loyalty. I consider myself truly fortunate to have had the opportunity to have known him.

Take a moment and look at the links below to read about a true American hero, he was quite a guy. Some have said that our generation does not produce real heros, knowing Mike, I would have to disagree. I think Mike rates a spot right up there with men like Sgt Maj Dan Daly, and GySgt John Basilone

Thanks

Dennis

Sgt Maj Curtin 2

Sgt Maj Curtin 1

Dennis,

I am so sad to hear you lost a close friend during the attack against the WTC on 9.11.

Sgt Curtin gave his life to rescue the victims. He was a true hero for sure.

My thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends.

May he RIP. :salute:

Daniel.

Dennis,

This was, and will always be, a difficult day for America (and the rest of the civilized world) to remember. I'm sorry you lost a friend, and we lost a patriot.

R.I.P. Sergeant Major.... :salute:

• 1 year later...

I hope you don't mind me reposting this tribute to a great Marine. Take a moment today and think of all the others that lost their lives as well as all the surviving family members whose lives were forever changed by that terrible cowardly attack.

Dennis

• 3 years later...

I was thinking about my friend Mike this morning and I thought I would repost this to remember him and all the others that were lost 15 years ago today.

If you didn't repost it, I may have missed it.

God bless you, your friend, and all those who have served and continue to serve this great country.