M109A6 Paladin 155 MM Self-Propelled Howitzer

Retired

Here are some photos of the Paladin that I recently completed. This was built from an Italeri kit. I had to add the chronograph and the drain hose, as well as the baggage.

post-264-1194901422.jpg

Here are some photos of the Paladin that I recently completed. This was built from an Italeri kit. I had to add the chronograph and the drain hose, as well as the baggage.

post-264-1194901499.jpg

The tracks are individual link with two end connectors per link. The tracks that came with the kit would not sag onto the road wheels as they should. I was able to find a Skybow track kit which worked out well.

post-264-1194901752.jpg

The tracks are individual link with two end connectors per link. The tracks that came with the kit would not sag onto the road wheels as they should. I was able to find a Skybow track kit which worked out well.

post-264-1194901830.jpg

Hi Retired,

What did you use for the antennas, graphite or fibreglass rod?

Mike

The antennas are from Minimeca Espanola, S.L. They come 5 in a package and are steel with the base moulded in. I got them from Michigan Discount Models. Contact Mark Klutchko at [email protected] . I have bought a lot of models and accessories from Mark and have been real pleased with him. The antennas are generally too long for 1:35 models but you can cut them to the required length.

Dallas Freeborn

Thanks for the info, Dallas. It's always good to hear about new accessories. I've actually had some dealings with Mark as well and have always been satisfied.

It's so hard to stay on top of all the accessories that are available at any time. So many products seem to come and go before I ever hear about 'em.

I'm generally a one project at a time kind of guy, and will shop around hard collecting up bits and pieces for my next project. Then, however, I can take as much as a year to finish it (with work and other commitments keeping me away from home a lot). I don't ever seem to be able to stay on top of the product relase curve any more.

Mike