Green PASGT flak jacket - NOT camouflaged ?

P-E

Hello everybody,

Did anybody here already saw a non camouflaged PASGT flak vest / flak jacket / fragmentation vest ? I just see this one today :

kgrhqn12.jpg

kgrhqq10.jpg

kgrhqn13.jpg

kgrhqj16.jpg

Sorry for poor pictures, they come from Internet. So this is the PASGT Vest for sure, the exact same one. Except this one is not a camouflaged woodland vest but well a green unicolor. The NSN : 8470-01-092-8499 has the "01" that means it's an US military item (00 and 01 on NATO codes are designation for US military items). I never saw this before. Sadly, the contract number and manufacturer were hidded.

What's your opinions on this ?

Thanks in advance for your response,

Pierre

I know it has a US designator on the tag, but for some reason in the back of my mind, I associated it with Canada. I vaguely remember reading that Canada used OD green PASGT vests. But don't take my word on any of it!

Thanks for your response. I was heard the Canadian army used US PASGT vest and British body armor before make its own. But I admit there's a lack of information about the color (woodland camouflaged or green) and that's the first time I see one in green. So maybe you've right... I first tough it was IDF, but the NSN with 01 number let me think I'm wrong, and also because IDF body armor have their tag also in Hebraic. Maybe canadian as you think...I don't know. The seller listed it as a German flak vest (and it comes from Germany), but again it's not an evidence. It's for sure an US made body armor.

A friend and I listened some body armor from various countries, but we have no information about a green PASGT Vest.

Here's for the various countries :

http://usmc-collectors.pagesperso-orange.f...armor%20div.htm

Here's the Canadian body armor we listed :

http://usmc-collectors.pagesperso-orange.f...or%20canada.htm

So at this time, the first hypothesis it's a Canadian vest. Can someone confirm it ? Any other idea is welcome. There's no wrong opinion, I just want to clear it. Maybe someone here has pictures that show the use of these green PASGT vest (?)... I hope so ! :thumbsup:

Pierre

Thanks for your responses ! Yes, the navy flak vest (NFV) you show is mine :thumbsup: and it comes from this album :

https://picasaweb.google.com/11567648543495.../USNavyFlakVest

Here're more pictures of the naval flak vest for comparison :

IMG_5020.JPG

IMG_5021.JPG

IMG_5018.JPG

You've right, they look very similar, but the naval flak vest is not PASGT. The color is also slightly different, because the NFV is more grey-green.

The PASGT vest I ask for ID is another model. It's a real pasgt vest, but full green. But thanks for your help in this identification ! Hope we'll resolve this identification ! :rolleyes:

Pierre

The Canadians did use an OD flak jacket, but the one that P-E posted is not it.

Here is a picture of the Canadian flak jacket in use by a Canadian UN Peacekeeper. Definitely not the same vest.

3137528330_3e1b5a426f.jpg

Thanks for this pic Nkomo ! Just too bad it's not the green PASGT. That's a realy curious vest. Someone told me it can be one of the early model (around '83) and this person will search in the report of production if they were also produced in green at the origin. That's just the first time I see one, so I'm realy curious.

I've spent some time on US Navy ships and I am fairly sure that I have seen the green ones (like you have) in use alongside the gray ones (which were far more common) but I don't have any pictures. Or I could be wrong (quite possible, I didn't pay much attention to their flack jackets) and it might be a trials peice?

I agree that it is not Canadian.

I finally bought it and received today morning.

Here're the information on the label :

Medium

Chest : From 37 to 41 IN.

Stock no. : 8470-01-092-8499 (....-01-...-.... = US equipment)

Nato Size : 7080/9404

Body Armor, Fragmentation Protective Vest, Grond Troops

DLA100-84-C-???? (look like 0323 or 0326 or 0329 - maybe something else)

U.S. Small Business Administration

And here're some pictures :

img_0023.jpg

img_0024.jpg

img_0025.jpg

img_0026.jpg

img_0027.jpg

Any help is welcome to identify this flak vest !

Misanthropic_Gods
the other day i found 2 choc & chip PASGT vest covers, so is that why some of them are camo?

Philip

The Chocolate Chip covers are to govern the Woodland Camo PASGT vests

ask this member:sgtmonroe he knows a lot about contractors and number on us military gear.

im shure he knows something :thumbsup:

cheers ken norway

thanks for your response.

@ msgt norway : the label in itself is exactly the same one we can see on every other camouflaged PASGT Vest, so we won't learn something with the label I think, except it's well an US made body armor and that it was probably used by the US forces. The contract number and NSN shown are not specific to the green one.

That simply the first time I see one in full green...that's realy curious. I found absolutely no other picture that show one unicolor like the one I bought and I never heard they were done in this full green color (in a report or internet).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your response. I was heard that the IDF has not a particular contract. IDF soldiers worn the same camouflaged vests US Army had.

baisr1.jpg

• 11 years later...

...and finally, another curiosity I've never seen previously : an unicolor blue PASGT vest. I'm waiting to receive it so I can post beter pictures later. This last model remind me another old model I've which is also a "Body Armor, Ground Troops CM [Conventional Munitions] and ICM [Improved Conventional Munitions] Fragmentation Protective Vest" :

313935866_525037752822823_5951889662204086583_n.jpg

315216839_805727983870135_4649756937560749489_n.jpg

Navy variant ? ONU mission ? Export model ? Police ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That is not a US issued vest. It was issued to to troops from various countries on UN deployment. Don't believe it's US manufactured either. From the very few instances in which the US was under a blue helmet command, I dont believe they wore blue body armor.

20230101_205003.jpg