New Marine officer dress blue EGAs

USMCRECON

Here are a couple pictures of my latest EGA acquisition, a pair of Marine officer's dress blue EGAs. I got them off eBay from a seller whom I believe is also a forum member. They were advertised as pre WW-II - WW-II era and I have no reason to believe otherwise.

The picture below is of the front of the EGAs. The continents seem to have had the gold either polished or worn off but almost all of it is intact on the anchors.

post-1107-1315059092.jpg

Here's the backs. The backs seem to also have a gold tone to them. The Eagles are rather hollow backed and look like they were stamped as part of the globe rather than solid and attached to the globe later like most of the other EGAs in my meager collection. I'm not an EGA expert but I like them.

post-1107-1315059148.jpg

teufelhunde.ret
I love this design, but have been confused as to dating this style as it seems to have had a long service life.

This Meyer emblem design did indeed have a long life - very attractive. I place this one in the depression years, as the hand-tooled fret work (running between latitude) was eventually replaced by machne tooling of the same nature. Obviously a life long match - not a recent "engadgement" as is seen so often these days on ebay. Congrat's Bill!

This Meyer emblem design did indeed have a long life - very attractive. I place this one in the depression years, as the hand-tooled fret work (running between latitude) was eventually replaced by machne tooling of the same nature. Obviously a life long match - not a recent "engadgement" as is seen so often these days on ebay. Congrat's Bill!

Thank you, gentlemen, for the comments and thank you, Darrell, for your confirmation of the era. The seller had described them as pre-WW-I through..." As I mentioned previously, I had no reason not to believe the seller's description but he did leave open the possibility of being through WW-II years. I was hoping they'd be more "pre" that "during."

Beautiful pair of EGAs, Darrell.

That's the style I've been after for several years for my 1926 officer's blues (without punched collar).

Thanks for showing them!