WW1 USMC CO E 3rd Army Composite Regiment

USMC RAIDER COLLECTOR

USMC RAIDER COLLECTOR

Here is a yard long I just found the other day. It has a tear in it so I did a quick retouch to improve the look

post-2249-1314066473.jpg

post-2249-1314066090.jpg

post-2249-1314066240.jpg

• 6 years later...

Dear USMC Raider Collector,

I realize this reply comes several years after your post regarding the photo of the WWI USMC Co. E 3rd Army Composite Regiment, but my hope is that you are still active in this forum (I just joined). I am a 4th generation Marine and my grandfather was in Co. E 3rd Army Composite Regiment, wounded in the Battle of Belleau Wood. There are actually two versions of the unit photo, seemingly taken one after the other, one with the helmets on and the other will the helmets off. I have a copy of the latter and your posting is the first that I learned of the existence of the former. My grandfather (Cpl. F. Ellis Green) is in first row all the way to the right. Unfortunately, the way my photo was rolled up and stored resulted in two tears across my grandfather's image. I would very much like to have a copy of your photo and will gladly pay costs of having it digitally reproduced and "cleaned up." The result of the effort is a high resolution digital image that can be printed to make as many copies as you want. I've had this done for other composite photos and the costs were generally around a few hundred dollars (the clean up costs are generally based on an hourly rate and depends on the shape of the original). I do not know where you live, but my guess is that there is a place not too far from you that does this sort of work. Please let me know if this is something that you would consider doing. If not, I would appreciate it if you could at least take a photo of my grandfather and send it too me. He unfortunately died long before I was born and I never got to meet him. I have some of the uniform that he is wearing in the photo, but most of his Marine issue was lost over the years. Thank you for your consideration of this request.

Best regards, Russell Green

Have you checked fold3/ancestry. It has been a while, but If I remember correctly, there might be an image of one or the other photos you reference on there.