New Instructor's Wings BFTS School

Wingcommander

Russ, or anyone with such knowledge....the father of a friend of mine was an AAF cadet graduate pilot, but that's almost all they know about him beyond a couple of portraits. He was thought to have been an instructor of some type, but I think he was too young and having been a cadet, probably not likely to have had enough experience to be an instructor.

His training billets were Bakersfield---Lincoln NE---Pecos, TX. I've found enough to persuade me that he was in the B-29 program as both Lincoln and Pecos were B-29 bases. Name was Bretz.

PS

Wingcommander
A photo of R.A.F. Wing Commander Tomkins (far right) and #1 BFTS Squadron Leader Billington (far left) with U.S.A.A.C. General Kraus during graduation ceremonies for Course #22.

Great photos Russ! Do you have the name of the RAF Air Commodore in the photo with Billington?

Great thread and one with personal interest to me as I was fortunate enough to obtain a few items directly from a meteorologist assigned to the training school. I have two examples of the BFTS #1 wing, a leather jacket patch, RCAF and RAF wings given to him by officers or students at the school, and misc. other patches. Thanks for starting this thread.

Best Regards,

Dave

post-4484-1314446580.jpg

Nice stuff Dave! I especially like your leather patch with depictions of both the British Lion and American Eagle. Thanks for posting.

Russ

Great photos Russ! Do you have the name of the RAF Air Commodore in the photo with Billington?

From left to right: Squadron Leader W. Billington, General Walter Kraus, Air Commodore H.E. Nowell, and Wing Commander F.B. Tomkins. (Photo taken on December 1, 1944).

IMG_2602_crop.jpg

Russ, or anyone with such knowledge....the father of a friend of mine was an AAF cadet graduate pilot, but that's almost all they know about him beyond a couple of portraits. He was thought to have been an instructor of some type, but I think he was too young and having been a cadet, probably not likely to have had enough experience to be an instructor.

His training billets were Bakersfield---Lincoln NE---Pecos, TX. I've found enough to persuade me that he was in the B-29 program as both Lincoln and Pecos were B-29 bases. Name was Bretz.

PS

Paul, I'm not finding anything under the last name "Bretz."

Paul, I'm not finding anything under the last name "Bretz."

Thanks for having a look, Russ. They're going to have to find some more information in their things. I found him as an enlistee in Miami but nothing beyond that in records I'm aware of.

PS