LtCol Francis P Fisher; 106th Infantry Reg 27th Div

Brig

I'm not normally an Army guy...but every now and then I pick something up. Have no idea how to research this guy, Google turned up nothing except that the 310th was only around from 1946-52...so no idea who he was with during WWII. Anyone know?

Lot includes 1 unmarked 'US' pins, 2 Gemsco NY DUIs, officer cover emblem, Sterling marked CIB, unmarked LtCol ranks, and a mismatched pair of infantry rifles...one Meyers, other unmarked. I think he wore them mismatched as this is a pretty complete group

101_0735.jpg

101_0736.jpg

also, his medals...Bronze Star with slot broach @ OLC... hand engraved name on the rear...slot broach Purple Heart...the Reserve Medal is an early slot broach conversion to a crimp broach. Can anyone tell me more of this guy?

101_0737.jpg

101_0738.jpg

101_0739.jpg

FISHER, FRANCIS P

LTC US ARMY

WORLD WAR II

DATE OF BIRTH: 11/12/1906

DATE OF DEATH: 07/25/1977

BURIED AT: SECTION 65 SITE 3658

ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY

C/O DIRECTOR ARLINGTON, VA 22211

(703) 607-8000

Looks like this might be him

S/F Bill

most likely is, thanks!

anyway to search his unit in WWII?

The crests are actually from the 106th Infantry Regiment, 27th Division - New York National Guard that was Federalized for WWII. After WWII when the Division came back there were many reorganizations which the 106th became the 210th Armor not the 310th as stated above. Based on the medals it makes sense because the 27th fought in the Pacific.