"War & Peace 2011"....photo report...very pic heavy!

Sabrejet

Great photos and great vehicles. That really looks like it's worth the trip. Thank you for posting the photos.

Dennis :twothumbup:

Ian, THANK YOU for posting these photos. :thumbsup: Usually you never see a lot from this show, even in the vehicle magazines (they often shoot the same vehicles each year). Yours was very thorough and comprehensive coverage of the event. I love the way they set up the displays at that show (I LOVED the bridge setup you posted on another thread from this show), nothing in the US compares with the scope and scale of these displays. The photos I assume from the 514th QM display just boggle the mind for sheer size. Like most people here in the Colonies, I’ve never been but would love to go someday.

The Meatcan
...and yes, that is a real Panther!

post-8022-1311697585.jpg

I just wet myself :w00t:

awesome pix Ian! Thanks for taking the time to post all these.

Terry

I really need to go visit that show.

Amazing all the different types of vehicles and how well maintained they are.

Erwin

Thanks for the positives gentlemen. If our forum-buddies from across the pond ever get the chance to visit the show you will not regret it...trust me! Start saving your hard-earned now! (Recession?....what recession?!)

Ian :thumbsup:

Ian, THANK YOU for posting these photos. :thumbsup: Usually you never see a lot from this show, even in the vehicle magazines (they often shoot the same vehicles each year). Yours was very thorough and comprehensive coverage of the event. I love the way they set up the displays at that show (I LOVED the bridge setup you posted on another thread from this show), nothing in the US compares with the scope and scale of these displays. The photos I assume from the 514th QM display just boggle the mind for sheer size. Like most people here in the Colonies, I’ve never been but would love to go someday.

Thanks Lee. I was only able to scratch the surface. There were several acres of re-enactment camps too. I'd be posting pics from now until doomsday!!

Ian :thumbsup:

Johan Willaert
Hey Ian talking of resemblances have you considered who Johan would look like if he had a short dark moustache and a parting combed into one side of his hair. ???? :pinch: :lol: [/font]

Wait until you hear me talking that language.... ;)

Johan Willaert
Hi Ian, first one I have ever seen in private ownership. :think:

ken

Your memory isn't what it used to be, Ken.... :think:

You saw one in the Knokke museum last year.... Privately owned too, like all of the things in that museum..

General Apathy
Your memory isn't what it used to be, Ken.... :think:

You saw one in the Knokke museum last year.... Privately owned too, like all of the things in that museum..

Hi Johan, your right there was one in the Knokke museum and I did comment on it at the time, but that was in the museum not driving around at a UK show, I just spoke with Nigel Hay ( Milweb ) and he told me that there are two more under restoration in the UK.

however going back to the Knokke museum visit then everthing else paled before me at the sight of the fantastic river crossing that our mutual friend had built in there, it transcended what displays are generally to be seen in museums and would not have looked out of place on a movie set. :thumbsup:

ken

Hi Ian,

How about the picture of our small forum meet...

post-8022-1311761807.jpg

L to R...Sjef, Johan, Zippy and Sabrejet.

General Apathy
post-8022-1311761807.jpg

L to R...Sjef, Johan, Zippy and Sabrejet.

damn Ian, I can see that I would have had to buy a K ration crate if I had been there, not for my collection just to stand on, perhaps you should have got one. :think: :lol::lol:

ken

• 3 weeks later...
Really interesting photos.

Especially of the TDs (of course). ;)

Especially the Cushman Airborne Scooter of course ;):lol:

Thank you very much Ian and Johan for your hard work of war correspondent under fire :)

Hippie reenactors, whooda thunk it :rolleyes::lol:

Great shots Ian, and I have to say I had a great chuckle at the Banana guys!!! Good thing I wasn't drinking anything, as it would have been all over my laptop! :lol:

• 1 month later...

Ian,

I'd be careful on the invitations. You should consider vetting any takers! Considering all that equipment, it's condition and who the original owners are, I'd consider making the trip with a letter of "Thank you for taking care of our left behinds", "We're here to take them home now!" :lol:

Ian,

I'd be careful on the invitations. You should consider vetting any takers! Considering all that equipment, it's condition and who the original owners are, I'd consider making the trip with a letter of "Thank you for taking care of our left behinds", "We're here to take them home now!" :lol:

Lend > Lease / Lease > Lend ?! ;)