"War & Peace 2011"....photo report...very pic heavy!

Sabrejet

The UK's annual "War & Peace" show has just ended for another year. Since it's inception almost 30 years ago it has grown into the pre-eminent event of its type in the world. Where else in the world will you see assembled in excess of 3000 running vintage military vehicles in such immaculate condition? The list of participating vehicles in the show programme read like a telephone directory! Add to that the armies (literally!) of leading re-enactment/ living history groups with their incredibly accurate and imaginative campsites/dioramas...the set-piece battles and vehicle displays in the arena, plus the hundreds of trade stands and it all adds up to a military enthusiast's heaven. Sit back and enjoy the ride!!

Sabrejet :thumbsup:

Ok...I think I've sorted it (he said, optimistically!) My camera wouldn't communicate with my laptop so I uninstalled the software, re-installed it and re-uploaded the pics, so here goes!

First off, one of the set-piece battles. Czechoslovakia, 1945. The Germans are retreating and come face to face with a US Armored patrol. Plenty of fireworks and a great selection of vehicles, both armored and soft-skinned..plus a cast of thousands...well, not quite!

post-8022-1311624823.jpg

One of the rarest AFVs in the world...a Pz IV runner...owned by King Abdullah of Jordan!!

post-8022-1311626378.jpg

Now a selection of the immaculately restored US vehicles strutting their stuff in the arena. Firstly, an M4A2.

post-8022-1311626699.jpgpost-8022-1311626651.jpg