Colonel Paul Tibbets, RIP

jeremiahcable

I had the honor of metting him on several occasions and he was always open and friendly.

RIP Col. Tibbets, you helped bring that terrible war to an end and save countless American lives.

I think he retired as a Brigadier General. I would say the Atomic Bomb saved more Japanese lives than American. I also was able to meet him several times. He trained the 509th BG for the atomic missions and carried out that mission well.

Another of the “Greatest Generation” joins his comrades.

BKW

the Atomic Bomb saved more Japanese lives than American.

No doubt.

Also, you are correct about Tibbets being a General. He retired from the Air Force in 1966 at the rank of Brigadier General.

Bryan

I too saw the thing about the unmarked grave idea. I see he requested his ashes be spread over the English Channel instead.

G

That's so very sad. I genuinely feel a sense of loss when we lose our older veterans. I think that if someone was to protest at a veterans grave sight over the use of the atomic bomb, they should tell a Bataan Death March survivor to his face what they think. These terrible minions need to go, seriously...

God rest your soul General Tibbets... We salute you!

Chris

yeah, those Wikipedia guys are fast. apparently they mentioned some wrestler's murder suicide before the cops even released it. it was a big scandal

I also had the opportunity to meet Tibbets. I considered it a honor to have had the privilege. It is sad he had to deal with the detractors the remainder of his life. He became a historical figure and that brought with it a heavy burden. I believe he carried it well and showed the world what a truly great man he was.

God Bless you General Paul Tibbits as I am sure He has. For it is people like you and all your Brothers in Arms past and present who have given me peace at home in this great country.

You did your job above and beyond the call of duty and always stood by your beliefs.

Thank you.

pmshindy