M4 Bayonet ~~~ Kiffe / Japan

Got da Penny

Got da Penny

This M4 found a "new home" thanks to Craigslist.

Now, its not your "usual" M4. This one is stamped KIFFE over Japan.

When i saw that it was posted for over a month, I called and asked if he would accept a lower price.??

The scabbard is made by PWH but doesn't have the metal tip cover :think:

There is a lot of info on the net about these bayonets and the value prices range

anywhere from $40 to $195.

post-633-1311210533.jpg

post-633-1311210541.jpg

Hi Carey

Until recently, I had not heard of these knives, yours is the most legible stamping I've seen.

Overall it's in nice shape, and seems to have a new and happy home! :thumbsup:

Lucky 7th Armored

I am not really educated on these knives. Why is it stamped Japan? They are for the M1 Carbine right? So let me try and guess before anyone answers... troops were stationed in Japan after WWII and so these bayonets were made there too? used in Korea and early Nam? Correct me if im wrong..

Nice knife btw, glad to hear you got it for a lowered price!

Haydn

I am not really educated on these knives. Why is it stamped Japan? They are for the M1 Carbine right? So let me try and guess before anyone answers... troops were stationed in Japan after WWII and so these bayonets were made there too? used in Korea and early Nam? Correct me if im wrong..

Nice knife btw, glad to hear you got it for a lowered price!

Haydn

Sorry, they are marked Japan to meet the US requirement that the country of origin be marked on the product.

For more information, see: http://www.usmilitaryknives.com/bayo_points_14.htm and http://www.usmilitaryknives.com/bayo_points_15.htm

So let me try and guess before anyone answers... troops were stationed in Japan after WWII and so these bayonets were made there too? used in Korea and early Nam? Correct me if im wrong..

What Gary said. His excellent Bayonet Point articles cover the Kiffe subject very well. This is a non-Government Issue, non-military issue, commercial bayonet mated with a Government Issue scabbard.

• 6 years later...