C-47 and paratroop stick 1/72

General Apathy

General Apathy

post-344-1310848072.jpg

Hi Members and Friends,

One of my friends John Watt built this model and painted it all as a birthday present for me 25 years ago. :lol:;)

The figures measure roughly 1.1/2 inches or 36mm, the plane is 16 inches or 40cms, with a wingspan of 24 inches or 61cms.

Apologies for the lack of clarity in the photos the macro wasn't working well today for some reason, I had to shoot about eighty-five shots just to get the few for this topic. :blink:

Notice in one of the shots he has painted one of the helmets as a padre having his face blacked-up by another trooper ;)

lewis

General Apathy
That's pretty neat. My brother-in -law built the same kit.

Hi kjones, thanks for your comments hope your brother-in-law has it on display :thumbsup: , first time mine has been out of a carton for six years due to the area required to display it in. Not too certain if it will still manage to remain out the carton again now after taking these shots.

ken

General Apathy
Very nice Ken. Captures the "mood" of the occasion very well.

Ian :thumbsup:

Hi Ian, as in all things it probably doesn't match up to today's standards of model building, but I have always appreciated the time and effort he put in on it.

Some other items came out of the same transport carton, I re-found a number of film posters that were in there ' Kelly's Heroes, Red Ball Express, Blues Brothers, Saving Private Ryan and a few more.

ken

The only thing missing is someone shoving the trooper up into the plane, or someone inside lending a hand.

General Apathy
The only thing missing is someone shoving the trooper up into the plane, or someone inside lending a hand.

Hi Lee, I agree with you on the missing person giving him a push up, however there is a loadmaster inside the aircraft just didn't manage to catch him in any of the shots so far, as you may have noted at the beginning the camera wasn't working well today.. ;)

ken

He did a very good job on that 25 years ago!

Question is.......What has he done for you lately ??

He's very talented.

General Apathy

Hi JS, I don't think he did much after this model, family came along and the model making was curtailed, somewhere in another carton is another favourite of mine a B-17 pancaked into the ground.

ken

RustyCanteen

Ken, very nice!

I'd have to agree with Jack's son, you need more!

Oops, I see you have posted one second before I.

RC

Ken...it might be an obvious thing to say, but if you decide to display the model, put it under glass if you can because dust will be your worst enemy. As an ex scale-modeller myself I can speak from experience! :pinch:

Ian

RustyCanteen
Ken...it might be an obvious thing to say, but if you decide to display the model, put it under glass if you can because dust will be your worst enemy. As an ex scale-modeller myself I can speak from experience! :pinch:

Ian

It's ok if it's a battle of the bulge model. ;)

Who would notice?

RC

......... somewhere in another carton is another favourite of mine a B-17 pancaked into the ground.

ken[/font]

Is that another of his creations? I like his work!

The Meatcan

that's some pretty nice figure painting, particularly for that small scale. Excellent job :thumbsup:

Ken, that must have been a wonderful birthday present on, what, your 12th birthday? :lol:

Terry

Ken,

You have some very nice friends! I am sure it took him a long time to make this. It is great!

Was this in the shoebox or another box? ;)

...Kat