CHECK THIS OUT...

cpatrick

I know this is not the latest story about someone finding an M42 jump jacket at the second hand store, but it's close enough for me! Since I am an avid reader/historian, I certainly enjoy a good soldier's narrative on "the war". So, while I was at the local second hand store, I found this book - "The Last Mission". The book was written by WWII/Korean War veteran William Kollar. He was awarded the Air Medal, PH, among other awards, and was shot down over enemy territory during WWII. This is his account. What I found very cool is that the author signed this book for someone! I didn't see this until I got it home. It's not worth much, I know. But for $2, how could I have gone wrong???

post-548-1193529623.jpg

post-548-1193529630.jpg

jeremiahcable

Very cool find indeed! I have signed copies of George Gay's "Sole Survivor" and Bruce Porter's "Ace". I found Porter's book like you found this one, at a used book store for about $4.00. Can't beat those types of great finds! Congratulations!!

Jeremiah

Who says Veteran/Author Signed books are not worth much? Maybe you didn't "Pay' much, but that is not everyone's "worth". Nice finds!

BKW

CNY Militaria

I found a signed copy of "Hazardous Duty: An American Soldier in the 20th Century" by MG John K. Singlaub in the bookstore a few weeks ago for $4. It was a great addition to display with the fatigue set I have from him.

Hi Brian,

To me, the book is worth a lot because of the historical value attached. As far as monatary value, probably not a bundle of cash. I guess that it's good that I collect for historical posterity, and not for "greed".

To those members that have found signed books like I did, congrats to you as well!

Thanks everyone!

Chris

I found a copy of Francis "Gabby" Gabreski's book, signed by both he and his crew chief! Same deal on the price, I got lucky finding it and so cheap, about $8.00!

ARRGGHHH!!! :blink: You got me there!! I'll correct that ASAP.

I picked up a used copy of Eddie Rickenbacker's autobiography. When I got home I was happily suprised to see he had autogrpahed it on one of the interior photos. These aren't too rare as he published this autobiography in the mid 1960's and went on a book signing tour. But it was still a nice bonus!