Variation US Marine Corps patches

Garth Thompson

Garth Thompson

Messing around with the scanner this afternoon and thought I'd do a couple of posts as the pickings have been slim lately. Here are some variation 1st Marine Division.

post-83-1310069145.jpg

Corpsmancollector

Garth,

Some super variations there! Is the top right 2nd Division patch a twill variant? Always liked the black 2 patches. The middle right 1st division is a stunner too! Almost looks like it's been quilted. Is it Japanese? Nice 6th division with the gold sword, haven't noticed that before. The Aussie made are the icing on the cake!

Thanks for posting :thumbsup:

Will

Great collection Garth. I noticed that you do not have the Artillery Bn or Barrage Ballon Bn in the small MAC embroidered on twill, which are the same two that I don't have. Have you ever seen either of these? I noticed in the July-Sept 1994 issue of the ASMIC Trading Post, they show the Barrage Ballon Bn patch but not the Artillery Bn. I have never seen either one but continue to look.

-Fritz

Garth Thompson
super nice if you get bored tell us a little about them. us newbies are hear to learn.

What would you like to know, I'd be glad to have a discussion.

Garth

Garth Thompson
Garth,

Some super variations there! Is the top right 2nd Division patch a twill variant? Always liked the black 2 patches. The middle right 1st division is a stunner too! Almost looks like it's been quilted. Is it Japanese? Nice 6th division with the gold sword, haven't noticed that before. The Aussie made are the icing on the cake!

Thanks for posting :thumbsup:

Will

Will,

Top right 2nd is embroidered on a linen like material thinner than twill. The middle right 1st ia a quilted japanese made, one of my favorites. The bottum left is also a quilted variant of the KOREA.

Garth

Garth Thompson
Great collection Garth. I noticed that you do not have the Artillery Bn or Barrage Ballon Bn in the small MAC embroidered on twill, which are the same two that I don't have. Have you ever seen either of these? I noticed in the July-Sept 1994 issue of the ASMIC Trading Post, they show the Barrage Ballon Bn patch but not the Artillery Bn. I have never seen either one but continue to look.

-Fritz

Fritz,

I've looked long and hard for both the MAC ART & Barrage Balloon in the shirt size but never had any luck.

Garth

Fritz,

I've looked long and hard for both the MAC ART & Barrage Balloon in the shirt size but never had any luck.

Garth

Thank you for spelling balloon correctly Garth. Maybe that's why I can't find that patch, I can't spell balloon. :thumbdown:

-Fritz