WHAT DO YOU COLLECT

alconlon

WWII plus or minus a few years... Balfour wings, USAAF items, and some Luftwaffe things as well to blanace it out.

Cheers,

John

Bonjour,

Indochina (French era) and Algeria war

Korea war:

-Army (focus on Ranger companies, 187 RCT, 2nd ID and 25th)

Vietnam war and neighbor countries (Laos, Cambodia and Thailand)

-Army (focus on SF, 1st ID, 9th ID, 101st Abn, 173rd Abn Bde and MP's)

-ARVN and advisor (Army, AF and Marine) stuff, (interested in, before Miraldi's book ;)

I enjoy DCU but I try to keep a cool head

Cheers

Valery

hochiminhtrail

Slowly starting my Arvn and Fank collection and US advisers, only uniforms, not so much medals or single patches, this might come at a later stage, it will take time for me to get into the stuff, need to learn and i like to take time before going for the exotic stuff, i learned that from collecting german stuff for over 20 years ( i m bored of German items ).

salut Valery

just one question, why do you say intersted in before Miraldi s book?

i m just curious about the book critic, i do not have it now so i cant say much about the book.

Cheers

Alex

Bonjour,

Indochina (French era) and Algeria war

Korea war:

-Army (focus on Ranger companies, 187 RCT, 2nd ID and 25th)

Vietnam war and neighbor countries (Laos, Cambodia and Thailand)

-Army (focus on SF, 1st ID, 9th ID, 101st Abn, 173rd Abn Bde and MP's)

-ARVN and advisor (Army, AF and Marine) stuff, (interested in, before Miraldi's book ;)

I enjoy DCU but I try to keep a cool head

Cheers

Valery

US Army patches, crests, medals and insignia all periods. Looking specifically for WWII, desert and ACU patches. Just started collecting AAFES Pogs. Also have significant collection of East German insignia and some uniforms. Kevin

Manchu Warrior

My military collecting is very very limited. It is limited to anything that is green, khaki, blue, white or brown or camo and looks like it was worn or used by someone in some country's military somewhere. See I told you it was limited.

Vietnam era uniforms (US, South Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia), with a strong preference for all USAF stuff, and flight equipment and uniforms of the other services.

I collect insignia & soft headgear. The insignia collection is mainly US and Commonwealth Nations, but I have items from over 40 countries. I'm not hung up on one war or time period and have insignia items that date from the late 19th century right up to today.

Essentially first and second Indochina wars ( to include allied and neighbouring countries).

As you can imagine this encompasses a very large amount of US made and issued uniform and equipment items from WW2 to 1975.

keeps me busy.

:D

I collect any and all US Special Operations items from all time periods. I collect items captured by US soldiers in operations from Viet-Nam forward. I also collect Central American wars, South African border wars, any Communist/Marxist liberation organizations, and US/Foreign items from Viet-Nam. I also am becoming more interested in items used during the Korean War.

Arch

SF, Brown Water Navy, 25th Infantry, yearbooks, plaques, French Army in Indochina & Algeria, comics, Action Man, GI.Joe, vinyl records...

I collect all things 101st, from WW2 til present.

and WW1 US Air Service.

Those are my focused collections. I also have a few things from a 5th armored vet and 95th ID vet. Besides that, just the above mentioned items. The 101st has kept me busy for sometime but, its fun and I really enjoy displaying the 101st timeline. Paul

WWI AND WWII - INFANTRY

....but if I find good engineer, tanker, or medic stuff dirt cheap I'll buy it.

Groupings and field gear/uniforms.

Items related to the people and places from the great state of Indiana. With a time span stretching from Span-Am through OIF/OEF. Of course there are a few items in my collection that belonged to those foreigners from Illinois, Wisconsin and Ohio! :rolleyes: My collecting goal is to have an ID'd example from an officer and enlisted for each service from each major conflict.