325th GIR 82nd AB information

Brian Dentino

Brian Dentino

Hello all:

Some of you may not recognize my name as I have not been able to be as active as I would like on this site recently but I am in desperate need of some help from you all. Here is the long and short of it: I had a great uncle, SSGT Raymond Dentino, who was KIA in Holland during Operation Market Garden on 9-29-1944 near Keikberg Wood. He served in Co. B-1st Battalion. His body was not retreaved until 10 days later by graves registration.

To make a long story short I had previously amassed a great archive on my computer about my uncle, but never saved it to a disk. My bad. Anyway my computer crashed a couple of months ago and I lost all available information, pictures, maps, roster scans, etc. that I had amassed. I am trying desperately to get those things back so that I can burn them onto a disk this time to file away so that I will have them in case the unfortunant happens again. I would appreciate any information, files, pics, etc. that anyone would send me so that I can keep a file on disk for future reference. I know for sure that SSGT Dentino was in North Africa, Sicily, Normandy, and Holland with the 325th GIR. Any help from any of you on this matter would be so much appreciated. Thanks must be mentioned to Allen H, Ben O, Kurt A., and all the others who helped me gain this information the first time. Please, your help and files will be greatly appreciated by me and future generations of my family if you can help me reconstruct my families sacrifices.

Truly yours,

Brian Dentino

PS-if you have files to send to me please do so at my email address: [email protected] Thanks again, folks, for all your help. I truly lost everything when the old computer went in the trash!

Brian Dentino

"Everytime I get a new star I get attacked."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower on the Battle of the Bulge

"And everytime you get attacked, Ike, I pull you out."

-George S. Patton Jr.