5 replies to this topic

#1 Brig

Brig

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
    • Member ID: 22
  • 22,031 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:53 PM

These were waiting for me when I got back from the field. We've seen the large H&H hallmark a couple times on these enlisted birds, but this pair has 'Imperial' in the crossbar...lifetime match, though the patinas aged a bit differently

Attached Images

• 101_0619.JPG
  • 101_0621.JPG

#2 Brig

Brig

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
  • 22,031 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:54 PM

sorry for the blur...we have a forest fire going 2 weeks strong

Attached Images

• 101_0624.JPG

#3 teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 376
  • 21,579 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:44 AM

Great find - would not have expected to see both of those hallmarks on EM emblems...

#4 Brig

Brig

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
  • 22,031 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:30 AM

I noticed the square bottom on the screwposts, something I've seen on some unmarked M26 varients...perhaps linking those to unmarked H&H produced for other firms?

#5 teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 376
  • 21,579 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:10 AM

Fellow forum members:

You are in the Marine Corps EGA reference section. This area is were posts from the Marine Corps, USMC EGA discussion section are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. As time moves forward there maybe additional information the EGA Moderators wish to add or will add to this specific post. We ask for your input as well.

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the USMC EGA discussion area which is listed in the main page under insignia. And as needed we will be pleased to move any new and or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised; posting and or editing is restricted on Eagle, Globe and Anchor emblem threads; to moderator's and forum staff.

#6 Bob Hudson

Bob Hudson

Forum Co-Founder (Ret)

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 2
  • 26,805 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:47 PM

I found what seems to be the cover EGA for this set, also with HH mark on anchor tip and IMPERIAL on crossbar. This one still has lots of shiny gilt on it: we're used to seeing enlisted cover EGA's of that era with a more subdued bronze look.

2.jpg

3.jpg

I did find on worthpoint an H&H IMPERIAL collar set that also has the gilt finish:

ega1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users