What WW2 uniform do you collect?

History Man

Whats your favorite type of WW2 uniform?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. what service do you collect?

• Navy
    • Army
    • Marine Corps
    • Army Air Corps

Navyman, I love that WWI Rear Admiral uniform!

SWEET!

Thanks Tex,

It looks like you have some nice navy uniforms in there :thumbsup:

Jason

Thanks Tex,

It looks like you have some nice navy uniforms in there :thumbsup:

Jason

I assure you Jason, just odds and ends. You know you have to have a representation piece for each branch of service.

I have found a new respect for the simple beauty of the 19th century and early 20th century military uniforms.

I really like the old foul weather jackets.

-dan

I always have as well; also have a couple of the "hooded overcoat version" of the N1s in the pic, but no close-up photos. :pinch:

There are some really outstanding Navy uniforms in this thread. :w00t: :w00t:

Philip: In answer to your query, below is the prize of the Army uniform pile, mainly due to its extreme rarity- 1942 Experimental HBT Camouflage-Reversible-to-O.D. #3 Suit:

post-3226-1308618766.jpeg

And I have to say that the Para Smock below is the top of the Marine Corps heap, as I've never seen another like it (not that these show up all the time); it looks to be an incomplete design concept...

post-3226-1308619227.jpeg

History Man

very nice uniforms :thumbsup: i keep trying to upload pics of mine but my program wont stop freezing. anyone else have uniforms they want to share? :think:

Named and Dated 1911 Cpo Uniform

WHY do you torture me with this?????? You are supposed to sell it to me, NOT post photos of it!!! :pinch: :pinch: :lol:;)

Seriously, I collect Navy uniforms, but I've collected every branch over the last 25 years. I think I can say I may well have owned at least one of every rank from every branch (if you can consider USAAF enlisted to fill in the USAF enlisted gaps!) :lol:

History Man

hey Dave, do you have any over - the - top USN officer uniforms or chief uniforms :think: i have seen some of them and they are great :thumbsup:

History Man

does anyone have any WW2 general or admiral uniforms? if so, can you post them? thanks to all that have voted and posted. hope more members join the poll :thumbsup:

hey Dave, do you have any over - the - top USN officer uniforms or chief uniforms :think: i have seen some of them and they are great :thumbsup:

Yes Dave...I want to see more shots of my hometown hero's uni, Copeland!!

General Apathy
I always have as well; also have a couple of the "hooded overcoat version" of the N1s in the pic, but no close-up photos. :pinch:

There are some really outstanding Navy uniforms in this thread. :w00t: :w00t:

Philip: In answer to your query, below is the prize of the Army uniform pile, mainly due to its extreme rarity- 1942 Experimental HBT Camouflage-Reversible-to-O.D. #3 Suit:

post-3226-1308618766.jpeg

Hi Flage guy, damn you have two pieces I never got to get, the two sided plain and camo jacket, nowever I did get one camo jump smock but not that earlier pattern one that you got.

Sweeeeeeeet items both of them :crybaby:

lewis

CNY Militaria

Ok I'll bite:

My one and only USCG Uniform. However, if there was only one to have, this is it!

adm.jpg

adm1.jpg

History Man

very nice TD and Armored 4 - pockets Jim! :thumbsup: I must say, great Rear Admiral uniform Justin. i really like the mini medals and the fact that its Coast Guard, that stuff is hard to find now :w00t: i will get my uniforms uploaded in the afternoon. keep posting, i am sure there are others wanting to strut their stuff ;)

CNY Militaria

I have representative uniforms from each branch of the military, but I mostly collect Army with a focus on General Officers. Here is the closet of the extras.

gen.jpg

post-5349-1308739712.jpgI voted AAF. I love the 8th AAF items. Right now this one is one of the best looking uniforms I have. It has a great 8th patch that you can not see in this photo. Topped off with a Bancroft Flighter.

Steve

Squad leader

I my collection is composed of :

80 % US Army

15 % US Marine Corps

03 % US Navy

02 % US Air Force

Dan.

Brian Dentino
Picking my favorite uniform is like picking my favorite child (good thing I only have one son). So here is a closet shot!! I also have a couple totes packed with uniforms. I DO NOT COLLECT UNIFORMS (except 36th ID ones), but do buy ones that have patches on them I do not have in my patch collection. If you see one peeking out you want a better shot of, let me know.

Tex, how about a little better pic of the 1st MarDiv dress blues........if you ever want to sell that, well.....ummm.....let me know. :thumbsup:

Jamecharles

blue dress uniforms 1936-1945

Army AAF and any army branches officers and enlisted men (PS also some white dress and special evening dress)

GS

Tex, how about a little better pic of the 1st MarDiv dress blues........if you ever want to sell that, well.....ummm.....let me know. :thumbsup:

Here you go Brian!

post-98-1308770574.jpg

post-98-1308770589.jpg