What WW2 uniform do you collect?

History Man

Whats your favorite type of WW2 uniform?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. what service do you collect?

• Navy
    • Army
    • Marine Corps
    • Army Air Corps

History Man

Lets see what branch(es) of uniforms everyone likes to collect :w00t: if possible post the uniform in your collection that you think is the best in the category you chose ;) lets see all of the variety

thanks, Philip

History Man

thats fine! i voted for Navy and Army Air Corps :w00t: when i can i am going to post the best uniform i have for both categories. ;)

Philip

I voted Army because that is what I have the most of. I do have all branches in my collection though. Probably my favorite/best uniform is a M1902 pattern uniform that belonged to an Army surgeon. It is in almost too good to be true condition. I aquired it along with his formal dress uniform complete with bow tie. This uniform is from the same time period. And his 1920's era senior officer visor cap. I will attempt to post some pics of these later.

Josey

History Man

id love to see that, it sounds great :thumbsup: i am going to post my WW2 USN Captain uniform w/ bullion cap and thats also in mint condition and that belonged to a pilot. the other one is a complete 6th AAF officer uniform ;) keep posting, dont be shy :lol:

Philip

Have to say I love WWII Ike's! But I have a few uniforms from other branches and periods, my favorite being my Haiti/China Marine uniform from my dentist!-Ben

History Man

not many votes in USN, i guess USN collector are few and far between. :pinch: no pics of uniforms yet. i will post mine tomorrow.

Not a highly detailed shot, but there is a good number of Navy Coats and Parkas hanging here (even some M1938 HBT Coveralls with an NXsx contract), even though my main bag is Army and Marine Corps field clothing; also have some Navy web gear as well...

post-3226-1308543194.jpeg

dogfacedsoldier

I voted Army and Navy, because I have acquired a lot of Navy uniforms lately, but I prefer Army. I did get a Navy family group, father/son/son-in-law. Covers pre WWI to WWII all Annoplis grads. I also have two WWI kids uniforms.

Jon

History Man

its so hard to stick with 1 branch so i opened up to USAAF. that way it has to be a great piece if i am going to pick it up. in the collection there are only 5 AAF uniforms but they are all great, i will post this one also: a USAAF cpl ike jacket with brit made patch :D in Los Angeles you can pick up USN items very easily, just the price thats a problem :lol:

carbinephalen

My two favorite uniforms. I have a strictly 76th Div. collection and these two came to me with just a name and laundry mark in them. The Officer's on the left was from doyler here on the forum. I was able to obtain photos of him in college and an hour long DVD of him performing an interview for a veteran's research project. The 1st Sgt's on the right also came to me un-ID'd jacket and tie from ebay and after an exhaustive process was able to get in touch with his last living heir, a niece, and she provided me with a photo of him, his dog tag, paperwork and countless stories. These are "the boys" as my wife refers to them. Irreplaceable in my eyes.

post-14217-1308544502.jpg

History Man

those are great uniforms you have :w00t: one question: the od green rank on the sleeves, isnt that a late war type? still great uniforms and complete too. i only have a few complete uniforms in the collection. keep posting guys this is getting interesting ;)

Philip

Well, you guys know who I voted for. :D I have a lot of favorites.

Named and Dated 1911 Cpo Uniform

post-2501-1308580402.jpg

post-2501-1308580377.jpg

WW2 Named Enlisted pilot uniform

post-2501-1308580352.jpg

WW2 Named Aircrew uniform

post-2501-1308580531.jpg

These are just a few,

Jason

And a couple of my all-time favorite pieces of Navy threads...

post-3226-1308543626.jpeg

I really like the old foul weather jackets.

-dan

Now, you're just showin' off, Jason. ;)

This is my favorite, I totally forgot about this one. I guess I have too many of these things.

WW1 Rear Admiral uniform. Dated 1917, looks like there may be a name but it's unreadable.

post-2501-1308586623.jpg

post-2501-1308586396.jpg

Jason

History Man

great uniforms Jason and Dan. i really like that 1917 Rear Admiral uniform :w00t: i am getting my pics ready but after that stream of uniforms they wont hold a candle :lol:

Philip

great uniforms Jason and Dan. i really like that 1917 Rear Admiral uniform :w00t: i am getting my pics ready but after that stream of uniforms they wont hold a candle :lol:

Philip

Thanks Philp,

I have some more favorite's but I didn't want to take over your thread. I can't wait to see yours, I love these things.

Jason

History Man

thats okay. i am trying to find the dang tie that goes with the AAF uniform. its hard to choose which ones i put up as i also have a WW2 12th AAF WO uniform. i guess Marine and Army are the most popular so far. ;)

Philip

History Man

anyone else want to post what uniform is the prize for their Marine Corps, USN , Army, AAF/AAC, or Coast Guard collection?

Philip

Picking my favorite uniform is like picking my favorite child (good thing I only have one son). So here is a closet shot!! I also have a couple totes packed with uniforms. I DO NOT COLLECT UNIFORMS (except 36th ID ones), but do buy ones that have patches on them I do not have in my patch collection. If you see one peeking out you want a better shot of, let me know.

post-98-1308607647.jpg