• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jeffgsh

Jeffgsh
  • Members
    • Member ID: 9,399
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:57 PM

I just picked up another US marked bag in dark Olive Drab, but I can't seem to run down its purpose. It is marked CRS 1 2 above 1-73 on the inside of the top flap (which is held down by two ladder buckled web straps. Approximately 12 x 9 x5 with one large central pocket, one smaller and two snap pockets, one on each side. The rear of the bag has 4 tie-down straps (which leans me toward airborne use). The 2 inch wide carry strap has a large heavy locking buckle and re-inforced attachment rivets. Anyone know what this is? I'm guessing a radio bag of some sort, possibily Vietnam era?

Attached Images

• bag_headset_003.jpg
  • bag_headset_004.jpg
  • bag_headset_001.jpg

#2 J_Andrews

J_Andrews
  • Members
    • Member ID: 2,689
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:03 PM

Demolition Equipment Bag. Not especially Airborne or anything "elite"; used throughout the armed forces. This on is dated 1973, so not WWII, or Korea.

#3 KTRIP

KTRIP
  • Members
    • Member ID: 232
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:04 PM

I just picked up another US marked bag in dark Olive Drab, but I can't seem to run down its purpose. It is marked CRS 1 2 above 1-73 on the inside of the top flap (which is held down by two ladder buckled web straps. Approximately 12 x 9 x5 with one large central pocket, one smaller and two snap pockets, one on each side. The rear of the bag has 4 tie-down straps (which leans me toward airborne use). The 2 inch wide carry strap has a large heavy locking buckle and re-inforced attachment rivets. Anyone know what this is? I'm guessing a radio bag of some sort, possibily Vietnam era?

It's a demolition bag for carrying explosives. You don't see to many of them that are dated. Hopefully someone can expand a little more on their useage.

#4 Jeffgsh

Jeffgsh
  • Members
    • Member ID: 9,399
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:25 PM

It's a demolition bag for carrying explosives. You don't see to many of them that are dated. Hopefully someone can expand a little more on their useage.

Thanks! I'll start searching for a photo of it in use.

#5 EODsmity

EODsmity
  • Members
    • Member ID: 162,205
  • 141 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 07:20 PM

Here is some stuff on demo bags.  They were part of a demo kit.  The first pic shows some of the components of the demo kit.

Attached Images

• demo bag.jpg
  • Untitled 2.jpg

#6 EODsmity

EODsmity
  • Members
    • Member ID: 162,205
  • 141 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 07:21 PM

More stuff

Attached Images

• bag.jpg