ID for "different" USMC collar disks please

themick

Here are a couple of pictures of one of a couple of collar disks I have. Does anyone know what they are? On each disk, the anchors point the same way. I had some of these many years ago, and the anchors always faced the same way. I also had buttons which had the same design on the front. Can anyone help here. BTW, the nuts on these are the standard WWII zinc knurled edge ones. I can't guarantee they are the original ones.

Steve

post-1105-1192758029.jpg

post-1105-1192758043.jpg

I belive these are a school insignia.

I used to have an Ike Jacket with buttons with this design on it, it was dated to 1949.

Chris

What both of you say kinda jives with what I've thought, thinking perhaps that the "J" meant something like "junior marines." Of interest here, though, is the style of EGA, e.g., the droop wing version.

Thanks for the replies.

Steve

According to "The Collar Disc Story 1907-1999" by Albert Scipio II (pg. 207), he ID's this disc as "Jesuit High School of New Orleans, LA".

Hope this helps

-Chuck

Wow, no kidding? I'd have never have guessed that. BTW, does the author happen to give a time reference for that insignia? Is there any more discription as to what they were? I don't have the book.

Thanks, Charles,

Steve

For real Steve. I wouldn't do that to a fellow collector.

Sorry but he doesn't go into any detail on this disk (no image of reverse either) other than putting it in the type I category (1907 to about 1924/26).

I highly recommend picking up his book when you get the chance. There are a few other obscure Marine disks covered within the pages as well. I thought I got lucky when I purchased my copy for $50.00 shipped. I've seen it run the gamut- from $45-$85.00. If you want a source for finding reference books at decent prices, just let me know and I'll try to point you in the right direction.

Regards,

Chuck

Hey!!

I'd just like to thank everyone who took the time to post responses to my question on these disks. I really appreciate it.

Steve