What do Marines wear under their blues?

hbtcoveralls

hbtcoveralls

Just wondering what kind of shirt is worn under the dress blue blouse. It seems that the high collar would make it uncomfortable to wear a shirt with a collar, and I don't recall seeing any collarless shirts out there. Since I'm not a Marine, I don't have the "inside story"

Thanks

Tom Bowers

shrapneldude

White or Black T-shirts from what I know. More recently some of the guys on funeral detail were wearing the "underarmor" moisture wicking fabric athletic t-shirts. Officers are same - there is a button-in white collar that goes in the blues coat to give the appearance of an undershirt

devildog34

At the Marine Ball my first 2nd 3 years, gun 3 (my gun) was notorious for doing a portrait with the wide/girlfriend and then the NCOs would unbutton the blues blouse and reveal a blue t-shirt with the superman crest and take a spoof picture. But I always wore white undershirt.

what's issued with the initial gear issue are typical white undershirts, and typical white underpants

For officer blues, there is a white button down shirt that does not have a collar that has french cuffs that you wear your issue cufflinks with. Under that, normal or white T-Shirt.

White Skivvies

Bill

jeremiahcable

For my SNCO summer uniform I wore white boxers under the white trousers....but I always wore something stupid under the blouse like a Charlie Brown t-shirt or beer branded t-shirt. At some point you need an escape valve to let of pressure and that was my way.

At the Marine Ball my first 2nd 3 years, gun 3 (my gun) was notorious for doing a portrait with the wide/girlfriend and then the NCOs would unbutton the blues blouse and reveal a blue t-shirt with the superman crest and take a spoof picture. But I always wore white undershirt.

I know it was just a typo but I got a chuckle out of the "wide/girlfriend" words

I know it was just a typo but I got a chuckle out of the "wide/girlfriend" words

Me too! Didn't have the heart to make comment but since you charted a path there.....

I didn't wear blues all that ofter but the couple times I did (with one exception) I wore a white "T" shirt under it. On that one occasion it was chilly and since we were going to be outside for an honor guard, I wore my old boot camp issue yellow sweat shirt under it.

Robswashashore

Not to hijack the thread, but my husband who wears a kilt has frequently been asked, "Is anything worn underneath?" to which he always replies, "No, nothing worn, ma'am, all in good working order!" ;)

(sorry, couldn't resist!)

Not to hijack the thread, but my husband who wears a kilt has frequently been asked, "Is anything worn underneath?" to which he always replies, "No, nothing worn, ma'am, all in good working order!" ;)

(sorry, couldn't resist!)

:lol:

bluemesa159
For my SNCO summer uniform I wore white boxers under the white trousers....but I always wore something stupid under the blouse like a Charlie Brown t-shirt or beer branded t-shirt. At some point you need an escape valve to let of pressure and that was my way.

Semi-hijack...

I've known quite a few USAF folks with the similar mindset when wearing the Mess Dress (tuxedo looking uniform). Normal white pleated front, collar & cuffs... from there, I've seen camo, tie-dyed, etc. on the back & sleeves when the jackets come off.

DutchInfid3l
Semi-hijack...

I've known quite a few USAF folks with the similar mindset when wearing the Mess Dress (tuxedo looking uniform). Normal white pleated front, collar & cuffs... from there, I've seen camo, tie-dyed, etc. on the back & sleeves when the jackets come off.

Ah yes. Party shirts. Always fun to see those break out at the end of the evening. Here's an example...

partyshirt.jpg