Franklin Richard Shipe ARM2/c USNR VB-110 killed 24 August 1944

kanemono

Need help to post photos anyone please help. What is URL mean

Uniform Resource Locator....in other words, the web address.

Thanks Sabrejet. I will try again. Can I ask do you know of the crash of Lt John Byrnes and crew as I have a copie of the Memorial book page from Dunkeswell Church also I am trying to get some parts from the PB4Y-1 to display in the Museum when we reopen

Hi,

The crash report of Lt. Byrnes airplane is posted above. I am not sure about your question but thank you for your interest.

Dick

Hi Dick

The Memorial page that I have is the one that the US Navy made just after the war and is in the Church. I do not have this crash report but I do have the report on the death of Lt John Byrnes and some time this summer I will be getting the parts from the crash site to put on display with all the information I have. Can I ask you for some copies of the letters and info that you have so we could put them in the display too. I don,t think that you would know but I started the Museum called Dunkeswell Memorial Museum at the old US Navy WW2 base at Dunkeswell in 1993. I have over 6.000 artefacts to do with the US Navy and USAAF

AAF_Collection

Dunks, If you would like a copy of the Accident Report please send me a private message with your email address and I'll send it to you.

Regards,

Matt.

Hi Dunks,

Sorry I didn't get back sooner. What are you looking for and what format would you like the items? I have a huge amount of paper.

Dick

A CD is the best way. I don't have time right now but I will scan his papers as I get the time.

Dick

Thank you for this with these information it will help in our display of Lt John G Byrnes as we have photo and information on Lt John Byrnes and Ens Andrew Manelski and we are getting artefacts from the crash site. Can I ask do you have any other information on crewman that was based at Dunkeswell or do you know of anyone that might have some.

David

• 1 year later...

Bill - My name is Jeff Gamble. Donald was my uncle. I would love the opportunity to talk with you about the medals. My cousins and I have been trying to put together as much information about Uncle Donald as we can, and we have been scratching our heads about the Purple Heart. You can email me or call me, your choice. I'd rather not post a phone number on the forum, so if you email [email protected] I can send you a number. I hope to hear from you. I have attached a photo of of him with a few of his crew mates. He is kneeling, left hand side.post-156940-0-91204500-1420817607.jpg

Thanks

Jeff Gamble

I have the Purple Heart and Air Medal to Donald C. Gamble (DC Gamble)

He was with Bombing 110 and failed to return from a mission on 3/31/44

Thanks for showing the group

Bill

• 3 months later...