Theater Made Blood Chit from Afghanistan

CNY Militaria

CNY Militaria

My PSG in Afghanistan had a blood chit made for fun in his jacket (obviously not wearing it on missions, but just around the base). It has US/Afghan flags embroidered into it as well as English, Pashto, Dare/Farsi and Urdu. It is sewn to a multi-cam (OCP) jacket with all his patches (SFC Rank, both SSI, Subdued flag, nametapes, and MP tab). He asked me to value it and I was unsure, so I thought I'd turn to you folks for advice. He isn't selling it for now, but is curious as to value. Any help is appreciated.

DSCN2414.JPG

Very interesting piece for sure. As this is a one of a kind item, it is hard to place a value on it. Is he planning on making a bunch up and selling them? :think: I'd say that he could easily get over $100 for something like that.

Jack's Son

The WWII variety is currently going for $300-350. If it is well made and authenticated when sold, I imagine the suggested $100.00 price tag will hold for a current collector.

CNY Militaria

Do you think $100 for the chit alone? I have seen the Multi-cam jackets, unpatched selling for approximately $100 each. My estimate to him, as a sum of the parts with his background could be between $300-400 for the whole set.

Waw, 100$ for the chit alone is too expensive I think...it's not a model of the WW2 ! It's definitely a funny item, but $100 is too expensive I think even if it's theater made and hand made. But well, maybe it'll become valuable in future.

If you were selling the chit by itself I would think about 20.00 to 25.00 would be fair. It obviously not an official issue and who knows how may others are out there. Even if he had it custom made the vendor now has an idea and pattern for others. I don't know anything about current issue jackets as collectables. There might be a possibility a souvenir type chit sewn in the jacket might decrease the value to some collectors. Only way to find out is to put it on E Bay.....

To get max value, he'd need a pic of him with it and someplace undeniably in-country. I can't speculate what it might be worth, but it's a good idea!

Steve

Since it is so new, the value is about what he paid. But, I think if he can hang on to it, then he will be pleased in the future.

To get max value, he'd need a pic of him with it and someplace undeniably in-country. I can't speculate what it might be worth, but it's a good idea!

Steve

And I definitely agree - needs pictures of him with it in country.

Waw, 100$ for the chit alone is too expensive I think...it's not a model of the WW2 ! It's definitely a funny item, but $100 is too expensive I think even if it's theater made and hand made. But well, maybe it'll become valuable in future.

I agree

Have a couple from earlier in the War made on tyvek and similiar material.Even a couple from Desert Storm.Never paid over $25 for them from dealers at the time.Couple even came off ebuy.

RD