M37 Dress Blue Collar Emblems

Brig

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Found this at the Raleigh show, a varient I didn't know to exist (yet another). Didn't see it anywhere else around here. It is marked 'Sterling' on the rear, and you can see some of the silver on the continents where the finish is worn. Anybody know anything about these? Is there a matching visor emblem? Manufactorer or timeframe? I'm guessing earlier war private purchase. A nice varient. Paid $15, maybe a bit heavy, but wasn't gonna leave it behind

Sterling_Em_Dress_Front.JPG

Sterling_EM_Dress_Rear.JPG

teufelhunde.ret

Tim, indeed hard to find. I'm sure its a H&H w/o hallmark... the outline and design of the eagles feet and the outline Cube with respect to its position of the Gulf. Now all you need to do is find its other half! :(

• 5 months later...

Snagged this nice pair a couple months ago. A matched pair of sterling marked collar emblems like the single I posted back in June, the post of which I cannot find or it would be combined. Probably an H&H without hallmark. Interesting to note, the sterling stamps are in two different places. I will try to take better pics of the marks soon when I have more light. This is what I get for waiting to take pics until night. Enjoy

Dress_Sterling_Fronts.JPG

Dress_Sterling_Rears.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

this may prove they're H&H, though the collar pieces seem to lack the definition and detail of their marked counterparts. H&H and Sterling marked, just sold on eBay for a whopping 76 bucks. Normally I don't see marked M37 cover emblems go for much more than 40-50...I lost :(

e78c_1.jpg

e829_1.jpg

teufelhunde.ret
this may prove they're H&H, though the collar pieces seem to lack the definition and detail of their marked counterparts. H&H and Sterling marked, just sold on eBay for a whopping 76 bucks. Normally I don't see marked M37 cover emblems go for much more than 40-50...I lost :(

Me too... and I thought $75. would get it pinch.gif

• 1 month later...

now I doubt the collars are H&H. besides lacking the typical H&H details, I recently purchased this beautiful sterling marked cover emblem. Notice the very long retaining pin, the only version of an M37 cover emblem I've come across with one. Came with a brass washer and zinc roller, as well

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I imagine that Robbins was a little more anal about marking their pieces. maybe some wing collectors could confirm or deny?