WW1 Era G.O. Uniform

cwnorma

All,

I haven't posted in a while, and since I had a free afternoon, and also because Schottzie's recent G.O. post inspired me, I thought I would post my one and only General Officer's uniform:

This is the uniform of Dr Charles E. Sawyer, President Harding's personal physician, and owner/director of the Sawyer Sanitarium and White Oak Farm (a rehabilitation community). Among Sawyers other patients, are included General Pershing and General LeJune.

post-594-1192293574.jpg

From the website of the World Homeopathic Organization: Dr. Sawyer was a Physician to Presidents Warren G. Harding and Calvin Coolidge, as well as a Homeopathic Physician. Sawyer was assigned rank of Brigadier General under Harding and was mainly interested in homeopathy. He was a personal friend of Florence Nightingale, who was known as the founder of modern nursing, and had made important speeches about (or introducing) Dr. Cooke of North Pole fame as well as to Civil War veterans.

Chris

CNY Militaria

Great set there! You gotta love the history intertwined in these GO items, especially when you think about where they have been, who wore them, and what company they have been in!

Justin