42nd Division Negative Collection - 222nd AT Company

gauthieb3sxz

gauthieb3sxz
Here's a neat one. One of the vets I talked with told me about using netting from the trucks as a makeshift helmet netting. Pretty cool example of it right here!

A closer crop..........

post-10756-1303784151.jpg

post-10756-1303784158.jpg

gauthieb3sxz
And check out the boot assortment. I like the quality of scanned negatives. Can't really beat it.

And the other set

post-10756-1303784388.jpg

gauthieb3sxz
Very nice photo's, keep them coming.Looks like the soldier to the right has a knife or dagger in his boot.

In response to your keen observation............ it looks like a German boot knife! Good eye

I have these all scanned at 4000+dpi so I can easily zoom in to get extract details

post-10756-1303785004.jpg

As a helmet guy, I can really appreciate the photo's showing a double net set up. Anytime someone says: "They didn't do that" someone comes along with a photo to disprove them. :thumbsup:

Great stuff. My great uncle was an infantryman with I/222 and is fortunately still alive to tell some stories.

Thanks for sharing.

Great photos, with really interesting details. Please keep them coming, and thanks for taking the time to post them and share them with us.

B, That is one grouping to be proud of and having the Vet's behind the scenes info makes it so much better! Have to say that is one grouping that anyone would be estatic to own.

Mike

gauthieb3sxz
B, That is one grouping to be proud of and having the Vet's behind the scenes info makes it so much better! Have to say that is one grouping that anyone would be estatic to own.

Mike

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the kind compliments. I have a lot more great shots from this grouping to post up. A bunch of photos from this grouping made the cut for the newest Panzerwrecks book!

gauthieb3sxz
Here's a flag from the 222nd I have.

Any pics of that in there?

Jerry,

Amazing flag! I don't have any shots of it but will check my 222nd Unit History. What a beautiful flag