Patton's Jeep

Proud Kraut

Lars,

These are so good, with a little "out of focus" and a tiny bit of "motion blur" the B/W pictures could pass for "real"

Very nice indeed!

Chris

Just awesome!!! I love the way you capture the inglorious parts of a soldier's daily routine... washing up, shaving, dropping a deuce and checking the tire pressure... :hapy0004: I can almost hear the theme to the movie Patton looking at this!!!

Wayne

Proud Kraut

Thank you very much, guys! I realy appreciate your kind comments, they keep me going on. Conserning the b/w pictures, I found out that they can be improved easily with e.g. Paint.Net. How about this one?

Thanks again!

Lars

sw12a.jpg

Proud Kraut

Thank you very much, doyler! I have learned that the background seems to be most important for the "atmosphere" of the dio. So, after completing 90% of it, I decided to take the first pictures early in the morning today :D . After having positioned the dio behind the house, I found it was worth to get up on 06:45.

08.jpg

REALLY excellent!! :thumbsup:

I love all the detail and that you have been able to incorporate some nice variations of the Jeep.

Proud Kraut
REALLY excellent!! :thumbsup:

I love all the detail and that you have been able to incorporate some nice variations of the Jeep.

Thanks, Jim. Oh, I have had more variations to add but didn't want to overload the dio. I couldn't belive my eyes, when I first saw a picture of the following one in action; it really did exist. :w00t:

RL_Jeep.jpg

Yes Sir. And they just released one in 1/72 scale. I think I'll have to get that one. I have you seen the halfjeeps? It's a halftrack Jeep.

Your work is very inspiring. I haven't built anything in a while and lately I've got the urge again. Thanks very much for sharing this.

Outstanding. I love how you incorporated the real background in the picture. And yes...a little bit of blurr makes those B&W shots look real. Very cool!

:thumbsup:

Very nice! A lot of wit and humor. However, I do think even Patton would have understood the early morning needs of his troops. Just as long as they were up and ready to go when they were supposed to be.

Oh, and good work on the photos too. Shooting miniatures is not easy, and you did a great job blending in the background on these shots. Of course, you have the advantage of taking your photos in Europe! Not all of us have that background available.

Actually, some of those hills look familiar....

Proud Kraut

Jim, Gil and Ski, thank you very much for your kind comments!

Wow, Lars, excellent job! Nothing like a German backdrop to complete the diorama.

-Ski

@ Ski: And that's why I will not try to build and photograph a PTO dio over here.

Very nice! A lot of wit and humor. However, I do think even Patton would have understood the early morning needs of his troops. Just as long as they were up and ready to go when they were supposed to be.

Oh, and good work on the photos too. Shooting miniatures is not easy, and you did a great job blending in the background on these shots. Of course, you have the advantage of taking your photos in Europe! Not all of us have that background available.

Actually, some of those hills look familiar....

@ Gil: I'm sure you were around here some years ago!

Conserning Gen Patton's possible reaction I absolutely concur! He probably will not take notice of "it". Building this dio, especially this scene I just remembered all these days "in the field" without any privacy. ;)

While I do not even come close to possessing the patience it would take to build one of these, I must admit, that when I go to the museum, I linger around the diorama's. Your's is as good as anything I've ever seen in a museum... check that, it's better than any one I've seen in a museum! :thumbsup:

I dont think Ol' George is too worried about the soldier "checking the tire pressure"... I seem to remember a rather famous photo of him adding to the flow of the Rhein River from a treadway bridge as he crossed into Germany...

Wayne

Proud Kraut
While I do not even come close to possessing the patience it would take to build one of these, I must admit, that when I go to the museum, I linger around the diorama's. Your's is as good as anything I've ever seen in a museum... check that, it's better than any one I've seen in a museum! :thumbsup:

Bugme, thank you very very much for your kind words! (And I think "Museum quality" is the biggest compliment, a modeler amateur can get).

Lars

Proud Kraut
I dont think Ol' George is too worried about the soldier "checking the tire pressure"... I seem to remember a rather famous photo of him adding to the flow of the Rhein River from a treadway bridge as he crossed into Germany...

Wayne

Wayne, YES, I know that pic! Could be an idea for the next dio...

Lars

P.S.: NO, the next one will be a Battle of the Bulge winter season scenario...

Lars, this is an amazing diorama!! So realistic I fell like I'm in the scene with them!

I rarely check the modeling threads, but I'm sure glad I did, and I will from now on! I used to be big into modeling when I was younger, but never to this level of perfection! Makes me want to get back into it :lol:

cheers,

Rick

Does your model match Patton's jeep that was at Fort Lee, VA? I think it is the QuarterMaster Museum? I saw it many years ago. He had installed a special, lush chair on the passenger side.

Steve

Proud Kraut

Rick, thank you very much for your kind feedback. I also returned to modeling after more than 25 years, so just do it...

Steve, I'm not sure, if this ones is a 100% copy of the museum piece. This model kit contains in fact of two sheets of photo etched parts, some resin parts and a couple of decals. The kit is based on the Tamiya standard jeep, so no extra chairs included. I will post some more detailed pics of the jeeps soon.

Lars

Hi Lars,

I don't know how I missed this but, this diorama is just terrific. When I first saw I couldn't help but cracking up, the humor is great. The subject of the Diorama is almost like the kind of stories you might hear years later at the VFW, "........there I was, and I looked up and General Patton was standing there." The detail is great and I really like the photo in post #18 the lighting and background is just perfect!

Great job, :twothumbup:

Dennis