Presidential Service Badge Question

awmartin

Hi everyone,

Recently I was able to buy a presidential service badge, a white house service badge and an unknown pin together. At the time I didn't know too much about these things, although the price was right so I decided to buy them. Since buying them, I have done some research on these items (mainly from the psb thread found here: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=4007) but still have a few questions that I'm hoping some of you guys may help answer.

The PSB badge is number 820, is there any way to determine who was awarded this, or at least which administration he/she was part of?

What really interested me in this lot was the 5 star pin, which is hallmarked "A.H. Dondero Washington D.C.". At first I had though that this is a general aide pin, although this pin is missing the eagle on top, and also the star pattern isn't correct for this, as the stars should be in a circular pattern. I've seen Adjutant General pins that are similar to this, although obviously those insignias only have one star. Does anyone recognize this pin?

Thanks!

Here are some pictures:

There is a list of recipients of the PSB by number, but I don't know if anyone on here has access to it. Years back, a friend of mine was able to look up some numbers while working in the White House Military Office, where the list is available. If anyone has a copy of the list, please let us know! :thumbsup:

Dave

Hey Dave,

Tanks for the information. Have you seen any psb's in the 800 range? If so, do you know under what administration they were issued?

Also, do you know what the 5 star pin is?

Thanks!

I have a PSB in the 2100 range. I noticed in the information posted that a 2200 range badge was issued in 1968 so I'm assuming mine is from that time period.

Dave

Presidentialserver
Backs:

Top: A.H. Dondero Washington D.C.

Left: Balfour 1-B

Right: 820

Hi,

I have a number of Presidential Service Badges. I had the good fortune to purchase two Presidential Service Badges and the original matching Presidential Service Certificates. The Presidential Service Certificates and matching lapel pins are issued with the Presidential Service Badge. The certificates are signed, have the date when the badge was issued, and are numbered. The number on the certificate cooresponds to the number on the back of the Presidential Service Badge. If the Badge is lost another one can be issued but only one Presidential Service Certificate is issued per person. The two badges I own with the cooresponding Presidential Service Certificate are numbered 194 and 2214. The PSB numbered 194 and the cooresponding certificate are dated September 1, 1964 (the certificate is dated). The Presidential Service Certificate 2214 cooresponding to the PSB is dated 1968. Both Badges and Certificates were issued during the Johnson Administration, therefore your PSB was also issued sometime between 1964 and 1968 while Johnson was President. With some luck you may be able to find the lapel pin that is a small version of the Presidential Service Badge and the White House Service Badge. The lapel pin matching the White House Service Badge is quite rare and is hallmarked on the back Balfour 1-b to match the White House Service Badge.

Hope this helps. I doubt that you will be able to find exactly who was awarded your badge unless you had the accompanying Presidential Service Certificate.

:rolleyes: