Greenback Patch List

FriscoHare

Hi everyone, after searching USMF, eBay, Worthpoint, and other websites, here is a visual reference of the known greenback patches.

This list can be updated easily. If you know of any greenbacks that are missing from the list, post them here in this topic or in Show Me the Money! so that they can be added to the chart. This topic can also be printed out and made into a greenback checklist. Hope it helps... and hopefully some gaps can be filled in. Keep the list growing!

Basic Elements & US Armies

WWII-Greenback-Patch-List-Post-01.jpg?fo

• 2 years later...
Insigina Hunter

Here's a really nice hard to find greenback, not on our list yet...

Army Air Corp Armament spec.

post-14003-0-86889000-1372561726.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
RockinRecon

Why do some greenbacks have more green threading on the back than others do and would the ones with more green on the back be more collectable? I have a few 6th Armored Division greenbacks and most of them have a moderate amount of green on the back but one which looks like it was worn on a uniform has so much green on the back it's practically solid green and it and an 81st ID greenback are the greenest greenbacks I have in my collection. Also, like I said it appears to have been worn and worn a good bit, on the bottom of the patch some of the threading has a few threads that have become undun or just plain wornout and there are some loose threads hanging from the patch. Would it be best to leave the patch as is or take scissors and trim the loose, hanging threads from the patch? This is one of my favourite patches and I want to do what is best for the patch. i'm thinking it is best to leave the patch as is because it has that ''been there, done that'' look and looks like it was worn in combat. Also any hints or general idea on the value of this patch, although I would never sell it, just curious. I thank you very very much for any info and advice on this.

P.S.

I also have an 81st ID greenback with a price tag on the back that says Camp Atterbury Exchange 10 cents. And one more quick question and that is what would be a fair price to pay for a 3rd ID greenback? Thanks once again for any info or advice on these greenbacks.

Why do some greenbacks have more green threading on the back than others do and would the ones with more green on the back be more collectable? I have a few 6th Armored Division greenbacks and most of them have a moderate amount of green on the back but one which looks like it was worn on a uniform has so much green on the back it's practically solid green and it and an 81st ID greenback are the greenest greenbacks I have in my collection. Also, like I said it appears to have been worn and worn a good bit, on the bottom of the patch some of the threading has a few threads that have become undun or just plain wornout and there are some loose threads hanging from the patch. Would it be best to leave the patch as is or take scissors and trim the loose, hanging threads from the patch? This is one of my favourite patches and I want to do what is best for the patch. i'm thinking it is best to leave the patch as is because it has that ''been there, done that'' look and looks like it was worn in combat. Also any hints or general idea on the value of this patch, although I would never sell it, just curious. I thank you very very much for any info and advice on this.

P.S.

I also have an 81st ID greenback with a price tag on the back that says Camp Atterbury Exchange 10 cents. And one more quick question and that is what would be a fair price to pay for a 3rd ID greenback? Thanks once again for any info or advice on these greenbacks.

No difference in value whatsoever. The amount of green return threads are simply a variation of tension set to the machine. You see this with white backs as well. Some will have a lot of snow while other have very little. It is an important fact that the amount of snow on the back is in no way a verification of age. Many WWII patches have very little snow on the reverse, whether it is while or green. $15-$20 is a reasonable price to pay for a 3rd ID..... Just my personal opinion.

-Ski

Forum Manager

Thank you to all that have helped with this list. I have just cleaned up this thread will all the patches that have been shown and that Sean has added to the list. As he updates more, we will keep cleaning the thread to keep it sharp, and not cluttered.

Again, thanks to all that have contributed.

vostoktrading

Hmm.... Clean up... indeed... yes... But you wiped out lots of close up shots of exactly what was informative and helpful to us collectors.

I think you did a bad thing here, don't you think?

Any chance to un-do what you did? Anyone else want to speak about this?

Jon.

Forum Manager

Jon-This thread was originally made to show the known greenback patches, and Sean has made a great list / chart showing all that have been posted. What I cleaned up was all the patches someone else posted and Sean then posted into the chart. I also deleted all the "replied" thread that kept showing the same three patches over and over, and just using space on here. Plus, I deleted all the ooh's and ahh's comments. I think Sean's charts show all the detail backs that are needed.

Since this is a pinned subject it should be "clean" for members and others to use as a reference. We are in the process of cleaning all the pinned threads in the patch section. Last night I personally cleaned six different subject's here, and that was hours of work.

I am sorry if you are upset by this, but we are just trying to make these pinned subjects clean and concise.

vostoktrading

OK, fair enough. Sorry I got bent. I guess if I want to get close ups I can go look at the "Show me the money" link on Sean's first post.

I appreciate the time you guys spend on maintaining the Forum. Please go ahead and clean out my two posts here when you have the time.

Jon.

• 2 weeks later...
ocsfollowme

I'll go through my data base for greenbacks. I have saved about 13,000 photos from ebay auctions since I started collecting 8 years ago.