3 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisNZ

ChrisNZ
  • Members
    • Member ID: 9,909
  • 339 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:02 PM

I've spent hours searching the net for info but have come up with very little

Does anyone make replica flame-throwers for display purposes, looking at the design of the M3 flamethrower the wand looks like it would be simple enough to cast, i've emailed flamethrowerexpert.com but get no replys.

My other option is to construct one, if that is my last resort i will probably try and make an M1A1 as it looks much simpler to construct but reference photos on the M1A1 are much more scarce than photos of the M2, does anyone have measurements, blue prints or any form of reference that would help me in my endeavour.

The ideal situation would be to purchase what parts i can be them real or replica.

#2 copdoc

copdoc
  • Members
    • Member ID: 498
  • 494 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:21 PM

I've spent hours searching the net for info but have come up with very little

Does anyone make replica flame-throwers for display purposes, looking at the design of the M3 flamethrower the wand looks like it would be simple enough to cast, i've emailed flamethrowerexpert.com but get no replys.

My other option is to construct one, if that is my last resort i will probably try and make an M1A1 as it looks much simpler to construct but reference photos on the M1A1 are much more scarce than photos of the M2, does anyone have measurements, blue prints or any form of reference that would help me in my endeavour.

The ideal situation would be to purchase what parts i can be them real or replica.

Get a copy of Charlie Hobson's book. Lots of good pics and info and there is a CD in the front with several manuals on it. I don't have an M1A1 but have a friend with one. I may not see him for several months but plan on getting some pics and if I do will put them up here. Charlie Hobson (flamethrowerexpert.com) has had some replicas and originals for sale. I saw some with replica wands at Knobb Creek that were being rented. Not sure of the name but someone here probably knows him. Someone makes a cast plastic wand for display. They are not cheap. Good luck and be safe.

#3 ChrisNZ

ChrisNZ
  • Members
    • Member ID: 9,909
  • 339 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:23 PM

Thanks for the info, nothing is cheap with this hobby but even a cast plastic want would be ideal, i'll have to keep hunting and see if i can find out who has them.

Thanks

#4 copdoc

copdoc
  • Members
    • Member ID: 498
  • 494 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:12 PM

Thanks for the info, nothing is cheap with this hobby but even a cast plastic want would be ideal, i'll have to keep hunting and see if i can find out who has them.

Thanks

Search 383mopar on gunbroker. Non of it is cheap but Greg is very reasonable and very knowledgeable on flamethrowers. He has an M3 wand for sale now. I am watching it but not going to bid. I hope. I can not afford the tank to go with it. :D All this stuff is a bit lower but moving slower due to the economy, but there is more of it is coming out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users