7 replies to this topic

#1 Brig

Brig

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
    • Member ID: 22
  • 21,954 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:05 PM

picked this up for $50 at the show today. I think it's definately worth it. Clutchback, not early clutches but not too new either. Notice the Fleet Marine Corps Reserve medal...look at the suspension 'ring'. I'm told by a fellow collector it's earlier, and he thought that medal alone made the stack well worth it. Personally, I'm a big fan of the Bronze Star. I believe it was an officer because there's no Good Conduct. The white all glows, but this was probably washed or made of all 50s production medals.

Attached Images

• USMC_Minis.JPG

#2 Brig

Brig

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
  • 21,954 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:06 PM

I've always been a fan of mini medals. this is my first stack. I'm pretty happy with it. http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif

Attached Images

• USMC_Minis_Rear.JPG

#3 Laury Allison

Laury Allison
  • Members
    • Member ID: 1,365
  • 701 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:37 PM

Brig,

Very nice mini medal set. These are most likely from at least the 50's....the National Defense Service Medal was established by President Eisenhower on 22 April 1953, so they would have to date to sometime after that. All of the medals were most likely redraped or new when the set was done.

Laury

#4 Brig

Brig

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
  • 21,954 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:43 PM

I agree. some probably redraped, or saw much service afterwards, as they're a bit faded. I'm in love with this set http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif

#5 Ricardo

Ricardo
  • Members
    • Member ID: 202
  • 7,760 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 03:47 AM

Very nice set!!

Mini´s are perfect to display!!

Best regards,

Ricardo.

#6 bobgee

bobgee

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 503
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 06:43 AM

Nice find, Brig. The "Fleet Marine Corps Reserve" medal is quite rare in either size. You've got a nice medal set. Congrats.....
Semper Fi......Bobgee

#7 Brig

Brig

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
  • 21,954 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:30 AM

here's the two H&H cards, stapled together, the medals were on. Staples have been there a long time, cards look previously unused. I think maybe the shop that mounted them put them on the cards...

Attached Images

• Mini_Cards.JPG

#8 Mark M

Mark M
  • Members
    • Member ID: 569
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:35 PM

Forum members:

You are in the MEDALS & DECORATIONS "Reference Section". This area is where posts from the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (http://www.usmilitar.....?showforum=83) are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the various U.S. medals and military decorations.

As time moves forward, some of these posts may have additional information added to them by the moderators of this section. We ask for your input as well, especially in the correction of any erroneous information that may have inadvertently be posted..

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (here: http://www.usmilitar.....?showforum=83). And, as needed, we will be pleased to move any new and / or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised: posting and / or editing is restricted on this post to moderator's and forum staff.

Sincerely,
Chris / ADMIN

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users