• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Leatherneck72

Leatherneck72
  • Members
    • Member ID: 1,737
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:16 AM

I have owned this a few years, and just remembered that I had it. Nice unmarked jeweler made piece.....I am guessing around 1910? Any thoughts?

Attached Images

• oz4.jpg
  • oz3.jpg

#2 Brig

Brig

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
    • Member ID: 22
  • 21,847 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:18 AM

how do you "just remember" that you had this beautiful emblem? If it's that easy to forget, I'll gladly put it as the centerpiece of my collection :D

#3 teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 376
  • 21,541 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 05:09 AM

Truly attractive piece The stempling around the globe always gets to me, as it adds much more to the character of the emblem. I would be inclined to offer suggestion that it is of a Gemsco pattern... based on the configuration and general pattern of the continents? The type and method of anchor fouling suggests it may be earlier than suggested? Thanks for sharing

Edited by Brig, 14 May 2014 - 11:08 AM.

#4 teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 376
  • 21,541 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 12:52 PM

Fellow forum members:

You are in the EGA "reference section". This area is were posts from the EGA "discussion section" are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. As time moves forward there maybe additional information the EGA Moderators wish to add or will add to this specific post. We ask for your input as well.

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, PLEASE start a new post in the "EGA discussion area" which is listed in the main page under insignia. And as needed we will be pleased to move any new and or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised; posting and or editing is restricted on this post to moderator's and forum staff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users