• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BEAST

BEAST
  • Members
    • Member ID: 203
  • 7,682 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:43 PM

Several years ago (~1992), when I was in grad school I sold one of my favorite groups. It was an ERDL 75th Ranger uniform with beret, Class A coat, 1st Cav lighter with initials carved on it, medals and AIR FORCE survival knife with (IIRC) "Binky" carved into the sheath. Also there was a 1st Cav newspaper with an article on the CO. L and several other items.

I sold it to a guy who used to set up at the Evansville, Indiana military show and would always display his Vietnam gear there. Does this grouping sound familier to anyone? I know it is a long shot, but I would like to know what happened to it and maybe even try to get it back.

If anyone has any leads, please let me know! Thanks!

#2 doyler

doyler
  • Members
    • Member ID: 342
  • 21,498 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:24 PM

I thought L Co. was part of the 101st and H Co was 1st Cav???
Hope you find it as it sounds like a super group

#3 BEAST

BEAST
  • Members
  • 7,682 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:28 AM

Doyler,
You probably are correct. I am depending on my memory which was not the best idea. I think I have some photos of the items and will post them.

#4 doyler

doyler
  • Members
    • Member ID: 342
  • 21,498 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:24 PM

Doyler,
You probably are correct. I am depending on my memory which was not the best idea. I think I have some photos of the items and will post them.

Beast,
Photos would be awesome!!I have a VN jungle jacket to a Sgt.It has a L Co scroll over a 101st color patch.I have yet to ID it.Ran the guys name through the roster for L Co. I found on line but no joy.He wasnt listed.I know these rosters can be incomplete.The jacket has lots of character and looks good but I didnt get it from the vet.Take care,

RON

Edited by doyler, 18 September 2007 - 09:26 PM.

#5 BEAST

BEAST
  • Members
  • 7,682 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:29 AM

I finally found some slides that I took many years ago. Steve N. Brown (the name given to me by the surplus dealer), served with both Company H and Company L. There were several other items including his class A coat, air medal, wet weather jacket with 101st patch and scroll, 1st Cav newspaper and many other items.

SNB_UNIFORM_2_edited.jpg

SNB_UNIFORM_1_edited.jpg

SNB_LIGHTERS___COMPASS_edited.jpg

#6 BEAST

BEAST
  • Members
  • 7,682 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:33 AM

KNIFE_edited.jpg

INSIGNIA_edited.jpg

If any of you run across this grouping, please let me know!

#7 BEAST

BEAST
  • Members
  • 7,682 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:37 AM

Several years ago (~1992), when I was in grad school I sold one of my favorite groups. It was an ERDL 75th Ranger uniform with beret, Class A coat, 1st Cav lighter with initials carved on it, medals and AIR FORCE survival knife with (IIRC) "Binky" carved into the sheath. Also there was a 1st Cav newspaper with an article on the CO. L and several other items.

I sold it to a guy who used to set up at the Evansville, Indiana military show and would always display his Vietnam gear there. Does this grouping sound familier to anyone? I know it is a long shot, but I would like to know what happened to it and maybe even try to get it back.

If anyone has any leads, please let me know! Thanks!

As I said before, depending on my memory is not always a good idea. The survival knife is not marked "Binky", but "BLINK". By the way, I believe that the first name of the collector that I sold the group to was Mark or Mike. Not much, I know, but hope springs eternal!

#8 BEAST

BEAST
  • Members
  • 7,682 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:31 PM

As I said before, depending on my memory is not always a good idea. The survival knife is not marked "Binky", but "BLINK". By the way, I believe that the first name of the collector that I sold the group to was Mark or Mike. Not much, I know, but hope springs eternal!

BTW "BLINK" may have been Paul "Blinky" Morgucz.

#9 BEAST

BEAST
  • Members
  • 7,682 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:37 AM

BTTT

Anyone have any ideas or seen this group?

#10 BEAST

BEAST
  • Members
  • 7,682 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:26 PM

Well, I found the person to whom I sold the uniform. Unfortunately he has been sent as a civilian contractor to Iraq. However, I did find out that he sold this group at a military show. Guess I will just keep my eyes open!

#11 BEAST

BEAST
  • Members
  • 7,682 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:34 AM

Well, I found the person to whom I sold the uniform. Unfortunately he has been sent as a civilian contractor to Iraq. However, I did find out that he sold this group at a military show. Guess I will just keep my eyes open!

I thought I would bring this topic back again. The name of the dealer that I sold the group to is Mark Bohleber. He was (is) from the Evansville, Indiana area. I think he used to operate an Army Surplus shop down there. If anyone has this group or knows this dealer, I would appreciate it if you would let me know! Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

In Memory of Co-Founder GREG MILLS ROBINSON, a.k.a. "Marine-KaBar"
(February 17, 1949 - March 5, 2011)